As a Technical Writer, you will work as part of a team in the Documentation department developing hardcopy manuals and online reference materials for software products offered by The Reynolds and Reynolds Company and its affiliates.
In this position you can expect to conduct product testing before documenting new changes and have the opportunity to suggest improvements to existing Reynolds and Reynolds software. You will contribute topics for monthly publications covering new features released to customers and have contact with some customers to gather information when a request has been made for a product or service we do not currently offer.
In addition to your primary responsibilities, you will also be in charge of keeping 'help messages' up to date within the software for the customers to use. You will be expected to write the instructions within the help messages and test the instructions to verify the results are correct.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Houston, TX based position with no travel involved
- Strong spelling, proofreading, grammar, and editing skills
- Detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and organized
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus, but not required