TraceLink is seeking an energetic Technical Writer to join our growing Application Integration Documentation team. This position reports to the Application Integration Documentation Team Lead. This is a great opportunity for a full time Technical Writer who enjoys developer content within a collaborative and fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines.
Our focus is the TraceLink Life Sciences Cloud and its applications for pharmaceutical product tracking and information exchange in the supply chain. The qualified Technical Writer must have experience writing for diversified audiences, including business analysists, developers, and IT administrators. This position will primarily liaise with the Product Management, the B2B Application Integration team, and other Engineering groups in addition to the other documentation teams with the Technical Communications group.
- Research and synthesize highly technical product information into consumable content by interviewing Product Managers and Map Developers (and additional Subject Matter Experts as needed) while leveraging existing specifications and varying sources.
- Write and maintain Application Programming Interface (API) documentation and Release Notes via the team’s chief authoring tool MadCap Flare, while ensuring the team’s writing style and standards are met.
- Capture coding requirements, error messages, and code samples that reflect TraceLink system requirements and expected results, along with exceptions management information and specific industry context (use cases).
- Participate in product-specific Scrum teams (including Development, QA, Product Management), attending all Agile ceremonies as the assigned writer on the product and features.
- Conduct peer edits and assist in further developing documentation styles and standards along with information architecture.
- Manage multiple complex deliverables with varying priorities and deadlines within two-week sprints.
- Maintain the team’s impeccable record of on-time documentation delivery.
- Collaborate with teammates and serve in a supporting role to writers that are more senior.
- Self-driven ownership with individual stretch goals and team player in the execution of team goals.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Document Development Lifecycle (DDLC) and coordinate milestones as project needs evolve while also facilitating DDLC milestones in JIRA.
- Report sprint plan, impediments, and metrics to Team Lead in a timely manner while maintaining project tracking tools/resources.
- Liaise with team Content Manager in localization process for documentation, in coordination with the user interface content.
- Understand when to problem solve independently and when to escalate to your Lead/Manager.
Skills and Requirements:
Candidates must possess the following history, abilities, and traits:
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn, analyze, understand, and communicate complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner through the highest quality content.
- History of on time, quality delivery in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proactive at removing impediments with a “get the job done” attitude.
- Flexible, able to work well under constant pressure and adapt to ever-changing deadlines.
- Technically curious and self-motivated to understand product functionality.
- Ability to ask penetrating questions regarding enterprise systems while advocating for audience needs.
- Ability to prioritize while taking direction from Team Lead and/or Management.
- An ambassador of collaboration (within and across the organization).
- Experience with authoring API content (print and online outputs) and source control.
- Experience with developer and project management tools, including GIT, SourceTree, Confluence, Jira, and SharePoint.
- Experience with tools for graphics and productivity, such as Visio, Illustrator, SnagIt, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with topic-based authoring, specifically Madcap Flare.
- Knowledge of ERP and supply chain software.
- Knowledge of XML, HTML, JSON, and/or CSS.
- BS/BA in related field such as Computer Science, Communications, English, or Technical Communications.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience as a Technical Writer for complex software systems.
Nice to have:
- Experience within a startup.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience managing international language translation of documentation.