If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Technical Writer
Work Location: Atlanta, GA
Contract: 6+ months
Description: We are guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a startup environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
The Learning & Development Technical Writer is responsible for the design and development of online support documentation, systems, and knowledge base resources, in support of customers, call center specialists, vendor partners and other service delivery specialists. Working within rapid timelines, the Technical Writer will gather supporting technical, system, and marketing information to ensure that all materials are available to support planned launches and enhancements. Using a systematic feedback loop, the Technical Writer partners with outsourced call center personnel to keep documentation current and relevant.
The capabilities for a successful candidate are:
Business Analysis - Gathers existing information from the analysis of business requirements, operational level and functional requirements to design and create documentation for processes, communications, workflows, procedures, work instructions and scripting for various audiences and skill sets.
Documentation - Authors, edits, rewrites, and verifies with stakeholders that all communication and Knowledge Base materials are consistent with brand standards for use by call center specialists, employees and customers. Ensures proper storage, delivery, and archiving of all documentation, including Knowledge Base articles and communication through all phases of the content lifecycle. Assures standardization of call center knowledge base terms, format, controls and documentation.
Communication - Partners with Learning & Development consultants, Product Management, Sales, Business Analysis, Marketing and other business partners to ensure that a consistent, clear and concise message is developed and maintained in all materials for each line of business. Develops written materials in various forms of media that meet the needs of all audiences.
Support - Provides technical assistance to Knowledge Base users in partnership with IT. Provides support to new applications during and after implementation for call center employees.
What were looking for...
Youll need to have:
- B.S. or B.A or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years of experience in the development of documentation in support of business operations, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in designing and developing process flows, methods and procedures, functional requirement documentation
- Excellent written communication skills with a high degree of attention to detail. Astute focus on grammatical and user-friendly writing style.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of tools, with exceptional skill in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency use of Articulate, Captivate authoring tools
- Knowledge of and experience using various Knowledge Management systems.
- Proven analytical skills. Strong customer service orientation.
- Even better if you have:
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Exceptional people skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of business process development and improvement.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178