JAGGAER’s best-of-breed spend management suite of solutions is the top technology used by enterprise businesses around the world to gain visibility, insight, and transparency into their procurement process. The Technical Writer will work on the JAGGAER Education team and be responsible for online and printed documentation for the JAGGAER products. The primary responsibility of this person will be creating online Help and training manuals for specific products and/or platforms. This individual must be a strong writer, self-motivated, and must understand software from a conceptual perspective. This position will work very closely with Product Managers, Development, and trainers, therefore interpersonal skills are very important.
- Develop and maintain product documentation used by administrators, end-users, partners, and internal staff. This includes printed manuals and searchable online Help.
- Proactively work with product Development to have a clear understanding of the product documentation requirements, and to serve as a “user” voice, providing ideas and feedback in the development of the application.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Excellent written communication skills – The ability to communicate technical and non-technical concepts, and to edit materials from others.
- Software documentation and/or training experience required.
- HTML experience, specifically in relation to creating online Help (For example – RoboHelp, Doc-to-Help, Flare, etc.).
- Exceptional planning and organization skills.
- The ability to work independently. Requires initiative and creativity.
- Ability to multi-task and work under demanding deadlines.
- Ability to drive projects to completion.
- Demonstrated good design skills, from a visual perspective.
- Experience with Procurement Industry a plus.
- Strong to Expert Knowledge of the following applications:
- MadCap Flare or other online Help software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- DreamWeaver (or other HTML editing software)
- MS Excel and Visio, and other graphic design programs a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English, or equivalent preferred
About Our Benefits
We offer a generous benefits package including employee and family health, dental and vision coverage, reimbursement accounts for eligible medical expenses; company-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits; retirement plan with company match and generous paid time off benefits. Additional benefits include education and well-being reimbursement benefits.
JAGGAER is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.