Seegrid is the leading provider of connected self-driving vehicles for materials handling with more than two million miles driven. The Seegrid Smart Platform combines flexible and reliable infrastructure-free vision guided vehicles with fleet management software for a complete connected solution. Seegrid accelerates Industry 4.0 and lean initiatives with incremental automation, helping companies achieve a truly connected enterprise and transform into smart factories of the future.
The Technical Writer will produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. You will collaborate with various staff and departments to ensure products are easy to understand and use. This role will be responsible for creating, distributing, and managing internal and external product documentation including, but not limited to, user manuals, operational procedures, troubleshooting guides, knowledge-based resources, and release notes. The successful applicant will also be able explain complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Revise documents as new issues arise
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions
- Edit, standardize, and make changes to material prepared by others
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of distribution
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Select appropriate deliverables based on the message and the intended audience
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical writing-related field
- 3-5 years of experience working in a technical writing position
- Proven ability to distill complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand content
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and FrameMaker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.