|Job Title: Technical Writer|
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Duration: 12 Months+
Note: Writing sample required
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Client is seeking a Technical Writer for researching, writing, editing, and proofreading technical polices and procedures for use in documents or sections of documents such as technical manuals, operations manuals, quick reference guides, modification instructions, technical instructions, procedures and specifications.
- The position also involves ensuring that technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets required specifications, and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style.
- The Technical Writer may be required to assist with establishing style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations and may also be required to interact with subject matter experts to extract technical information, which becomes the content for documents.
- Develop, update and maintain documentation intended for different target audiences.
- Support reviews documentation, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
- Identify, plan, and revise technical writing project requirements and deliverables, and research complex source material for the project.
- Work with program/project teams to develop various engineering and logistics specifications and procedures, and software and hardware user documentation.
- Work with engineers, software developers, technical staff, to conduct interviews to collect source material, and conducts procedure validation with cross-functional technical experts.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments per set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Meet with various groups to discuss documentation requirements and gather data to be included in the documents.
- Conduct verification and validation of documentation for correctness and usability.
- Track product updates and ensures that they are reflected in the documentation.
- Participate in team meetings and contributes to the establishment of improved documentation processes.
- Participate in defining content development strategies and works with authors to guide them on how to create content per defined standards.
- Work with subject matter experts and technical resources to improve document quality and usability
- Maintain current knowledge of technical writing techniques, tools, methodologies, and user interface development guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor*s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or other related field.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic work environment.
- Familiar with creating documentation in Confluence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain professional interaction with auditors, program management personnel, and other contractors.