Precise Systems is a professional services company currently working for the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, and U.S. Air Force; competing as a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) under several NAICS codes. Our core competencies include systems engineering, program and project management, logistics, information technology and cyber security, and software development services. We were founded in 1990 and since our establishment we have been providing cutting edge solutions and support to our warfighters. We understand and provide expert consultation on network and weapons systems acquisition programs, maintenance/modernization programs, and sustainment programs.
We are currently seekingaTechnical Writer to supportour NSWC PHD customer. This is a contingent opportunity (contingent upon successful contract award.)
Education/Experience: Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in applicable disciplines such as Computer Science, Mechanical Engineer, Multimedia Design/Development, Information Technology Systems, Illustrating Aerospace Engineering, Business Management, Business Administration, or six (6) years of technical writing experience.
- Five (5) years of experience directly related to developing and producing interactive/online technical documentation.
- At least (1) year of experience directly related to the management and coordination of personnel and activities in the support of the design, development, and production of training courses and course materials utilizing NAVEDTRA 130 series standards for Navy Combat Weapon Systems. This experience may run concurrently with the five (5) years of experience developing and producing interactive/online technical documentation
- Two (2) years of experience with Content Management Systems, Learning Management Systems, and/or Sharable Content Object Reference Model
- Demonstrated experience supervising content development and in Validation/Verification Events, PUBSATS onboard ships or labs, schedules
- Demonstrated experience in the technical documentation life cycle development, distribution and disposal
- Demonstrate experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access), and Adobe Communication Suite (Acrobat Pro, FrameMaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, Robo Help)
- Demonstrated experience using HP-UX file system and commands.
- Demonstrated experience developing, maintaining, and producing technical documentation in S1000 international specification for the procurement and production of technical publications
- Demonstrated experience using Integrated Development Environments (IDE) to develop or maintain logistic products. Demonstrated experience to interpret specifications and technical documentations to write technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance Operational/maintenance manuals and operational procedures for Navy Combat Weapon systems.
- Demonstrated experience with the development, maintenance, and production of one or more of the following Logistic Program Management plans or presentations: Integrated Logistic Support Plan, Life Cycle Sustainment Plans, Interim Logistic Support Plans, DMSMS Management Plans, Supply Management Plans, Technical Bulletins, User Logistics Support Summaries, Program Review Technical
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCad to prepare 2D or 3D drawings, wiring diagrams, circuit board assembly diagrams, and layout drawings used for the manufacture, installation, or repair of electrical equipment and
- Demonstrated experience related to gathering and analyzing source material, developing relevant curricula, and providing operator and maintenance training for Navy Combat Weapon
- Demonstrated experience in maintenance planning, perform Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) analyses, develop and maintain Planned Maintenance System (PMS) documentation which includes Maintenance Index Pages (MIPs) and Maintenance Requirement Cards (MRCs). Shall be Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Level I and II Certified. Knowledge of Planned Maintenance System Management Information System (PMSMIS) and Naval Logistics Technical Data (NAVLOGTD).
- Demonstrated experience in utilization in two or more the following Navy Databases: Configuration Data Management Database Open Architecture (CDMD-OA), Naval Data Environment (NDE), Planned Maintenance System Management Information System (PMSMIS), Advanced Technical Information System (ATIS), Technical Data Management Information System (TDMIS), Streamlined Modular Acquisition Requirements Tailoring Tool (SMART-T), Naval Ships Engineering Drawing Repository (NSDER), Interactive Computer Aided Provisioning (ICAPS), and Authoring Instructional Materials (AIM).
Precise Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Precise Systems, Inc. participates in E-Verify.Precise Systems, Inc. encourages and supports workplace diversity.