KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Summary: The Technical Writer will work with the subject matter experts to ensure the documents are correct and complete and will co-ordinate the process of passing the documents through technical and legal review before conducting final checks for publication. You will also be required to help the team to review and update its Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) or Best Practices guides and to help ensure they are reviewed and approved to comply with company-defined deadlines. The ideal candidate should be flexible and able to adapt to support other documentation tasks from time to time as the need arises.
- Support the Go to Market team in the maintenance and evolution of product documentation and training material.
- Co-ordinate review cycles and incorporate feedback from multiple internal and external reviewers; ensure that conflicting comments are discussed and a final decision made
- Maintain records and manage version control of documents in production
- Ensure documents published are accurate and correct (hyperlinks working correctly, tables of contents correctly updated etc)
- Help to update, review and generate new SOPs or Best Practices guides as necessary
- Experience of card payments or payment networks, ideally including product management, 3-5 years
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Able to co-ordinate activities by others and provide work effectively in cross-functional project teams
- Comfortable working with low levels of day to day supervision – able to self-start, manage their own time and be proactive in resolving issues within the team
- Strong PC competency (MS Office products including Word, Visio and Power Point)
- Possess the judgment to plan and accomplish goals working independently in highly complex situations.
Works independently on extremely complex projects in their area of specialty.
- Highly skilled with extensive experience and proficiency in area of specialty.