JOB SUMMARY: With moderate supervision, support the complete workflow process to ensure successful development and revision of technical publications. Comply with established quality processes to ensure accuracy, ease of use and timely delivery of content. Typical responsibilities will include using aircraft technical data to develop content such as system description, system theory of operation, inspections procedures, function test and operation test procedures, removal/installation procedures that provides for efficient return to service of the aircraft. Conduct reviews, analysis and modification of technical documents to gain a thorough understanding of complex aircraft system operation. Participate with publications team to ensure department workflows and business processes are followed. Conduct reviews with internal/external customers to ensure completeness and accuracy of technical manuals library. The technical manual library includes aircraft maintenance, illustrated parts catalog, flight manuals and service bulletins.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Associate Degree Preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a technical illustrator/writer, 3 years in aviation industry producing technical manuals.
- Be proficient in all Microsoft Products Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Be proficient in Adobe Framemaker.
- Knowledge of ATA, S1000, and DITA standards as it pertains to technical manuals is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, electrical wire diagrams and related documentation is required.
- Ability to develop, create, coordinate, and sustain technical publications and technical publication infrastructure by working directly with technical writers, illustrators, engineers and mechanics as necessary.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with outside resources, if necessary.
- Ability to coordinate with a technical illustrator to create and edit technical illustrations for various technical manuals.
- Ability to perform quality check of illustrations for adherence to style guide prior to submittal.
- Effective communication and organizational skills are required.
- Experience authoring and incorporating changes in flight manuals, illustrated parts catalog is a plus.
- Working knowledge of FAA 14 CFR Part 23 and Part 145 is a plus.
ABOUT MSC AEROSPACE:MSC Aerospace (www.mscaerospace.com) is a family of integrated and synergistic companies with aerospace related operations. Besides producing the SJ30 light business jet, MSC Aerospace companies support the manufacture and assembly of aircraft components for many leading commercial and military customers.0