Title: Techincal Writer
Location: Peterson AFB, CO
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Provide Technical Writing support to the Military Satellite Communications (MILSATCOM) Logistics and Operations Support Division (SMC/MCL) of the MILSATCOM Systems Directorate (SMC/MC) who is responsible for the sustainment of current operational MILSATCOM systems, systems transitioning from acquisition to sustainment, various system support programs, and associated resident maintenance and test support equipment.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Apply writing skills and technical knowledge to enable accurate communication of system operations and/or maintenance procedures and system specifications.
- Develop or update Technical Orders, Manuals, Work Cards, and other technical materials.
- Provide technical writing expertise to program managers and system support managers.
- Use desktop publishing software to draft, edit, and lay out material and sometimes to design, print, and distribute it.
- Make final reviews of proposed publications for style, design, layout, and editorial aspects before release.
- Consult on, develop, or select illustrative material. Prepare charts, graphs, or forms.
- Meet with customer representatives, vendors, system engineers, and program managers to establish technical specifications and procedures.
- Ensure document contents follow required formats.
- Current DoD Secret clearance
- Excellent writing skills and strong command of the English language, including grammar
- Knowledge, experience, and demonstrated ability to perform technical writing tasks
- Able to gather and understand technical aspects of equipment or a system through research, study, observation, and interviewing various system experts
- Experience in MS Office (MS Word) and Adobe Acrobat software
- Bachelor degree with experience in the respective technical/professional discipline supporting the DoD; or 10-years of experience in the same
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance
- Experience in executing TO sustainment within DoD Acquisition programs
- Working knowledge of technical data and guidance documents that inform the preparation of U.S. Air Force Technical Orders
- Strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Master degree with 10 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline, 3 of which in the DoD
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.