- Are you passionate about statistics and machine learning?
- Do you have a strong aptitude for writing and explaining complex concepts and procedures to technical audiences?
- Are you interested in developing products that play a key role in the advancement of engineering and science?
At MathWorks, documentation is a key component of our products. Engineering technical writers are core members of a multidisciplinary team that includes software engineers, quality engineers, technical marketing specialists, and UX professionals, all with a common goal: to develop high-quality software that meets the needs of customers ranging from students to advanced engineers.
We are looking for self-starters with the background, skills, and enthusiasm to write documentation that explains statistical and machine learning concepts and methods to scientists, practicing engineers, and students, and describes how to use MathWorks statistics and machine learning tools to solve challenging problems.
- Develop creative examples and tutorials showing how to use MATLAB to solve statistics and machine learning problems
- Write user-focused content that explains key statistical and machine learning concepts and methodologies
- Participate in the software development process
- Work with the user community and customer-facing groups to identify information users need to be successful with our statistics and machine learning software
- Work in a cross-functional team
- Help MathWorks develop next-generation online resources
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Degree in Statistics, Math, Engineering, or related technical field (PhD preferred)
- Strong knowledge of statistics and machine learning (deep learning is a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to explain statistical and machine learning concepts and methodologies in a team or classroom or in writing (blogs, conference proceedings, journal papers, or books)
- Ability to develop and document simple, creative demonstrations of practical solutions to common statistics and machine learning problems in various industries
- Experience using MATLAB or other mathematical or statistical software (R, SAS, Stata) and/or strong knowledge of programming languages (for example, C, C++, Java, or Python)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and enthusiasm to work in cross-functional teams
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.