VSolvit LLC is hiring a full-time Technical Writer with Journalism experience. We're looking for a Writer who will work with our engineers to describe the nature and detail of our projects. The ideal candidate is an accomplished writer who enjoys chasing ideas, equally loves and questions the brave new world of technology and thrives within a creative team setting. Our company is a federal contractor and creates innovative solutions for the Department of Defense (DOD) as well as the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), and the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain and develop VSolvit LLC brand voice.
- Ensure that all public communication is in line with our voice, and reflects our perspective
- Communicate complex technical and legal issues to mainstream audiences in a clear, compelling, and concise voice and maintain subject integrity
- Work with our members of our engineering team to research, conduct interviews, write and edit articles both VSolvit LLC and for outside publications
- Follow tech news, keep up with all the new consumer electronics trends; specifically related to software engineering
- Bachelor’s in Journalism, or Communications, Engineering, or another related field of study and 2+ years IT experience
- 2+ years of experience conducting software research, and background information to provide complete and accurate information
- 2+ years of Journalism experience,
- 2+ years’ experience conducting interviews and writing long-form profiles
- 2+ years’ experience with copyright law and how to attribute source material on the web
- 2+ years’ experience developing office software tutorials, especially spreadsheets
- 2+ years’ experience developing HTML/CSS concepts and tutorials
- 2+ years’ experience developing VR/AR/MR concepts, tutorials, and app roundups
- MBA in Journalism, or Communications, Engineering, or another related field of study
- Computer Science Background
- Must be able to balance several projects at once, adhere to deadlines, keep yourself on track, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with or for the DoD or government agency
- U.S. Citizen Required
- Must be able to apply for and obtain a secret clearance
Join the VSolvit Team! Founded in 2006, VSolvit (pronounced 'We Solve It') provides geospatial and information technology consulting services and solutions to government and private section clients. VSolvit is an award winning 8(m)/EDWOSB and SBA-certified 8(a)/SDB company. We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, as well as 401K Retirement Plan options, Tuition Reimbursement, and other benefits. Our goal is to grow together and enjoy the work that we do as a team.VSolvit LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.