Apex is looking for an experience Technical Writer to help support a six-month contract with one of our large clients in Virginia Beach VA. Ideal candidates will have experience with Visio and be interested in Job Aid work.
If interested in learning more, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking a highly skilled technical writer to join our growing organization. In this position, you will create easy-to-understand user content and product documentation to increase product clarity, performance, and usability. A strong knowledge base and ability to work cooperatively with other teams are a must. Day to day responsibilities include working with SME's to document processes and build out job aid/how to documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience writing job aids and 'How To Documents'
- Experience with Visio
- Work with internal teams to understand product documentation requirements
- Create strong content that fulfills company standards and audience goals
- Write straight-forward user tutorials and interface text
- Utilize a variety of media forms; include images and charts
- Analyze current content and make improvements as necessary
Requirements and Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent preferred
- Experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with thermal processing equipment software preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Infrastructure/IT Security knowledge preferred
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178