Chevo is hiring an experienced Technical Writer to join our expanding firm. This position provides the opportunity for significant client interaction by learning the client’s business better than they know it and to become a trusted advisor. Ideal candidates will demonstrate versatility in understanding and performing work related to maintaining financial management procedure manuals. This position is on-site at the client in Washington, DC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and editing documentation incorporating information provided by the client, specialists, analysts, and operations personnel.
- Writing, proofreading, editing, formatting, fact/reference checking, and graphic presentation of technical information for both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Interpreting technical documentation standards and preparing documentation according to defined standards.
- Creation of job aides, flow diagrams, charts, forms, and templates.
- Working with and communicating with all levels of technical and management personnel.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. Any field of study is acceptable
- Seven (7) years of technical writing experience supporting, preparing and editing technical Department of Homeland Security (DHS) government financial management documents.
- One (1) year of experience working with of Coast Guard Directive Management process required.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Visio. This experience shall include the ability to set up styles in documents, using headers and footers, setting up table of contents, and merging documents.
- Technical writing experience working with DHS or USCG Financial Management policy and procedures.
- Understanding and know how to apply 508 compliance requirements in electronic documents.
- Understanding of English grammar and syntax, writing and editing skills.
- Previous experience working with the Coast Guard
Chevo offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid leave, 401K plan with matching, monthly SMART card employer contribution for commuting expenses, tuition assistance and more!
Want to work for a winner of the 2012 through 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval? Then join Chevo!
Chevo Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.