Purpose of Position/Summary:
The Technical Writer will partner with various divisions to create or revise standard operating procedures (SOP) of current business processes. This position will utilize strong process management skills to assess current processes, and partner with key stakeholders to create various deliverables. The primary goal of the Technical Writer is to document and publish current processes regarding the management of grants throughout the agency. Other projects may include documenting the intake process for Plan Review and analysis of other agency documentation for consistency.
- Create SOP documentation for grant management across the agency
- Conduct and manage meetings with multiple divisional areas
- Keep detailed records of all actions taken during the revision or development process
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Create a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, technical writing or related field. Extensive experience in a project management role can substitute for college if an Associate’s degree has been achieved.
- Must have at least 2 years related work experience (project management, technical writing, etc.)
- Must have strong technical writing skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse personalities
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
No supervisory responsibilities.
Difficulty of Work:
The Technical Writer job is broad in scope and requires considerable judgment, flexibility and project management skills in the creation of standard operating procedures of various divisions within the agency. The ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and diverse situations with professional maturity is an absolute necessity.
The Technical Writer has significant independence in this role. General instructions and/or objectives are provided before work begins. The Technical Writer works independently from a previously developed and approved plan and uses general judgment in solving problems. Work is reviewed regularly and closely for compliance with objectives and sound judgment.
Personal Work Relationships:
The Technical Writer will partner with employees at every level.
May have the need to periodically lift/carry/move objects/boxes weighing up to 20 pounds; as well as to stoop and/or bend to perform light filing tasks as needed.
Work is completed in a normal office environment with little exposure to excessive dust, noise, or temperature extremes; with regular use of personal computer and exposure to video display terminal.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178