The Red Hat Customer Content Services team is looking for a Technical Writer to join us in Ireland. In this role, you will work as part of a team that promotes exemplary customer experience and success through content development and delivery. We create and are responsible for the user documentation and premium content that accompany Red Hat offerings, available online through Red Hat’s customer portal. As a Technical Writer on the Telco Documentation team, you will define the scope of, quality test, and deliver writing projects while maintaining a customer focus by participating in existing feedback programs and consistently developing your technical expertise. Drawing from your passion for both technology and the English language, you'll work closely with developers, engineers, and other subject matter experts to create content that will help our telco customers roll out 5G across their networks. You will help us maintain their own GitHub repositories, manage their own testing, building, and deployment software, and work with Engineering teams to develop working code examples.
- Work closely with senior writers, content strategists, documentation program managers, engineering project teams, support teams, and other stakeholders to create and maintain high-quality documentation for upcoming releases of Red Hat’s offerings
- Effectively manage documentation projects and deliver customer-focused documentation
- Engage and collaborate with customer feedback programs to address content gaps, respond to direct customer feedback, and promote continuous improvement of the documentation experience
- Keep up to date on changes in our offerings, customer use cases, and support issues
- Master the use of our internal documentation toolchain, including the publishing platform and issue-tracking tools
- 3-5 years of technical writing experience
- Experience writing clear and concise procedural, conceptual, and reference documentation for a technical audience
- Ability to contribute to complex technical documents including feature descriptions, customer use cases, and release notes using industry best practices
- Experience and comfort with agile development methodologies and fast delivery
- Familiarity with version control systems; experience and comfort with Git is a plus
- Awareness of topic-based, modular authoring
- Ability to actively engage subject matter experts and follow through on commitments
- Experience collaborating and directly interacting with globally-distributed stakeholders from diverse cultural backgrounds is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with operating within a Linux environment using the command line is a plus
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.