Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Chesapeake, VA, US
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: United States (US)
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia (US-VA)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: PORT SERVICE TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
Do you have an interest in becoming an experienced electrical or mechanical technician? Are you able and capable of working at extreme heights? Konecranes has many opportunities open across the united states that we are looking to fill with mechanically inclined individuals. At Konecranes, service technicians are the heart of our industry. Our technicians work in a safety first type of environment and don't mind heights or working on mechanical parts. As a service technician, you will be working with 480 3 phase motors, troubleshooting issues with our cranes, and working with clients and facility directors to ensure that our clients are properly being taken care of. Our service technicians are provided with a company vehicle for their travels, and have the opportunity to experience new and challenging situations with each job
- Perform maintenance and inspections on Rubber Tyred Gantry (RTG's), Ship to Shore (STS), Rail Mounted Gantry (RMG), Automated Stacking Cranes (ASC), Straddle Carriers, Munck Loader, Goliath Gantry, Level Luffing cranes at customer locations.
- Conduct extensive on site electrical, electronic and mechanical troubleshooting to determine cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs utilizing visual inspection, test procedures and appropriate test equipment.
- Perform on site repairs on customer's cranes in conjunction with planned repairs as part of customer's maintenance contract, in response to a service call or on an emergency call due to an equipment breakdown.
- Responsible for a basic understanding and working knowledge or all OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry. Must be able to get specific regulations if requested.
- Responsible for completing all daily paperwork required accurately and completely.
- Document and log any quotations you provide customers (either verbal or written) and generate a document or copy of your quote for use as a follow-up sheet.
- Review with the customer all repairs you performed and get their signature on the daily service report indicating their acceptance of proper and completed work.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional appearance and image at all times.
- Maintain all company equipment and assets in proper working order and neat or clean.
- Maintain a stock of the appropriate forms and literature on the service vehicle and be capable of utilizing the proper documentation and forms used by the service department.
- Responsible for keeping a proper stock level of inventory and line stock items on the service vehicle.
- Accountable for all the company issued tools, ladders, and inventory levels assigned to you.
- Responsible for generating sales and service leads during service calls and identifying the proper Konecranes personnel of the customer's need and level of interest.
- Must develop a thorough working knowledge of our service literature, service policies and labor rates.
- Must provide customers with a "Safety Summary" on any safety items noticed during service visits and bring back a signed copy of the document as evidence of our notice to the customer. (This is a basic professional courtesy required at all times. It also may protect Konecranes from any liability if the crane is used.)
- Must maintain regular communication with the local office and/or call in a minimum of once per day to the service supervisor.
- Responsible for understanding the procurement of basic parts on service jobs, completing the proper purchase orders and developing a good working knowledge of local vendors and vendor stocked parts. If the job permits or the situation warrants, all the ordering of parts for jobs should be done by the technician servicing the account and this time should be billed to the project.
- Responsible for working a "fair share" of any 24 hour call and overtime necessary. This will be divided as equally as possible by the service supervisor.
- Responsible for completing a "Safety Audit" on the limit switches and proper general operation of any crane you have worked on or inspected prior to leaving the customer's premises.
EDUCATION: Prefer two-year associate degree in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum one (1) years' experience involving electrical and electronic troubleshooting and repair.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have good mechanical aptitude. Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver's license. Must be willing and able to work off the ground. Must be willing and able to work overtime and out of town as necessary. Must be willing and able to work in demanding work environments.
*KC #monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. . Konecranes, Inc. and its affiliates will not accept resumes from external recruiters or agencies without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission. Any resumes sent without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission with Konecranes, Inc. are void of any fees and free for internal use. All data protection laws are the responsibility of the agency.
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Stock Options
- Life Insurance
- Donation-Matching Program
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days