Sometimes Promoting, Sometimes Recruiting. Always Orange.
About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organizations and communities across the globe.
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange. Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever-changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
About this Job:
We are seeking a highly motivated ACTS Technician for the Chickasha, OK area. This person will:
- Perform the installation, decommissioning, maintenance and repairs of cooling towers and all associated equipment and piping.
- Travel up to 80% of the time.
- Thrive in an environment of continuous improvement and personal accountability.
Sound like you? Here’s what you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Drive for Results: Drive for results is a deep-seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve ‘step changes’ in business results. It covers the desire to strive for constant improvement and to continuously redefine what can be achieved both in the market place and with the resources that are available to the individual. Outstanding performers focus their energy on achieving objectives, which support the long-term success of the business. They do this in a way that demonstrates maturity and self-control
- Task Completion: Reliable, Focused, Committed to Completing Tasks
- Resilience: Persistent, positive, self-reliant
- Accountability: Drives better outcomes by taking personal responsibility
- Customer Focus: Understands the importance of customer needs, whether internal or external, focuses on responding to them and develops relationships
- Working Together with Others: Relates to people, engages, builds relationships
We’re Experts. You’ll have the following experience:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent years of relevant experience and/or training
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in construction or heavy industrial field
- Possess good organizational and customer service skills in addition to strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Knowledgeable and capable of reading and comprehending schematics
- Experience working around cranes, forklifts and other heavy equipment
- Carpentry, mechanical and electrical experience
- Certifications in forklift operation, crane signaling and rigging
- Knowledge of cooling tower equipment characteristics and operation
Your key responsibilities:
We’re Dynamic & Innovative. In an ever-changing business you will be nimble in seizing opportunities to pioneer effective ways to meet and exceed your responsibilities:
- Comply with safety standards and practices according to OSHA, EPA and Aggreko’s Global Environmental Health & Safety Best Operating Practices manual
- Manage inventory and complete daily job site safety analysis
- Perform jobsite inventory and inspection and complete daily job site safety analysis
- Execute project schedule as directed by the Project Manager
- Serve as the project point of contact when the Project Manager is not on-site
- Supervise other technicians and/or utility on job sites
- Maintain accountability for assigned tools and supplies
- Respond to after-hours calls as needed
- Complete necessary service paperwork to ensure and maintain record accuracy
- Able to follow start-up procedures, winterization procedures, and job site maintenance procedures for safe and reliable operation of equipment
- Service and load test equipment prior to being shipped to jobsite or another specified location
- Troubleshoot Aggreko electrical systems, rebuild basic electrical panel and diagram electrical path
- Install temporary cooling towers including all associated pumps, piping and electrical equipment. Ensure proper installation, loading, shipping and handling of piping and components
- Change pump rotations assembly and check for proper rotations on pumps and cooling towers
- Perform Technical Inspection of cooling tower equipment including pumps, motors and panels
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50lbs
The people you’ll work with:
We’re Together. In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the success of your colleagues and interact with the wider Aggreko team.
Other information you should know:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent periods are spent sitting and standing in the same location. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to move about or lift heavy objects (typically less than 50 lbs.)
The employee may frequently be exposed to outside weather conditions. The work environment usually has a moderate to loud noise level. You may be asked or required to work after regular business hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
This information should not be construed as the position’s exclusive standards. Performing other assigned duties is required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employees are responsible for knowing and following all company policies and procedures and Federal, State, and Local governmental regulations including Environmental Health and Safety requirements while working and representing Aggreko.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive hourly rate plus bonus, profit sharing
- Company benefit plans (medical, dental, life, disability, vision)
- Paid leave (vacation, personal)
- 401K plan with company match
- Company provided laptop, cell phone, and service vehicle
At Aggreko, we’re leading with confidence, bringing advanced rental energy solutions to the world, and providing you with pathways for success. If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please submit your resume today.
Aggreko is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.