Seeking a Field Technician for a contract to hire opportunity in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and a minimum of two to three years of related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of CADD software, SCCM, MS Dynamics AX, SQL, Sharepoint, Office 365 preferred.
- A+ PC Technician or Network+ certification is a plus.
- Provides level II & III user support for software and hardware issues.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret situations.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options.
- Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Exceptional Customer Skills required.
- Oversees the daily operations for a specified location including software, hardware, tape backups, phone administration, and the local area network.
- Provides Tier II end-user support for software and hardware issues.
- Oversees the daily operations of the local area network.
- Installs and upgrades Microsoft Windows operating systems including standard business applications and associated peripherals.
- Troubleshoots Desktop Virus and malware issues Maintains a daily backup of all network files.
- Performs service administration tasks for software and hardware products to ensure manufacturer warranty.
- Troubleshoots any software and hardware problems through debugging, testing, and vendor assistance.
- Provides recommendations of program changes to correct software problems.