The primary function of this position is to perform routine mechanical repairs on construction equipment
- Check the equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, comply with PPE requirements, and otherwise prepare for duties.
- Uses manuals, repair manuals, parts manuals, parts diagrams to troubleshoot construction equipment.
- Uses lift trucks, overhead cranes, & other aides to lift or move parts into position to be repaired.
- Uses hand & power tools to remove, install, replace, re-build, repair, & test parts/equipment on construction equipment.
- Uses miscellaneous resources and computers to reference parts, get information about parts & enter data into record systems.
- Uses tools to disassemble/re assemble parts or equipment; cleans parts with rags, cleaners, power washer; uses test equipment to make diagnostic checks; and controls powered equipment or tools to make repairs.
- Climbs up onto, under, & into vehicles to gain access to all parts of vehicle.
- Uses overhead hoists, lift devices, forklifts & other aides to move items off vehicle (tracks, idler wheels, blades, etc.) & then to move parts to locations for disassembly, repair, then back to the vehicle for reassembly.
- Performs inspections, do preventative maintenance, repair engines, power train, hydraulic and electrical components.
- Uses power washers & spray paint equipment to clean & paint vehicle.
- Uses instruments and computers to reprogram equipment controllers.
Must have a high school education or GED.
Requires up to two years schooling or direct work experience; Must be mechanically inclined and have good basic knowledge obtained through schooling or work experience;
Must be able to daily and repeatedly stoop, kneel, bend and climb beside, onto and underneath various equipment to perform diagnosis and repairs; Must be able to effectively see to perform repairs, research technical manuals, and develop written repair work order reports. Must be able to routinely and physically lift/position various parts to perform repairs/service and manually handle parts up to 100 pounds, as well as use mechanical hoist for heavier parts.
Must be able to effectively write repair activities on customer work orders; Must have cognitive reasoning and problem solving skills to apply knowledge, written information and verbal instructions in repairing/servicing unusual and/or unknown technical equipment operational problems; Should have exposure to P.C. base equipment and parts information; Capable of learning and understanding technical information, service manuals and reports;
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability