Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip has an opportunity for an entry level Equipment Technician I - Etch at our Fab 4 facility in Gresham, Oregon. This position will support Fab 4 maintenance of semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Must practice excellent trouble-shooting methods and be able to work effectively in a team environment. This position is on the front night compressed work week shift (Sun, Mon, Tue, every other Sat 6:15 PM to 6:30 AM).
- Repair and Maintain LAM, Tel and AMAT Etch systems.
- Repair and Maintain Novellus & Mattson Strip systems.
- Trouble-shoot electronic, electrical and mechanical problems.
- Read and interpret mechanical prints and electrical/electronic schematics.
- Work with systems containing radiation, electrical, mechanical, liquid and gas hazards.
- Practice effective and productive written and verbal communication.
- Document work in maintenance logs effectively.
- Follow procedures and instructions.
- Able to contribute as a reliable and effective team member with minimal supervision.
- AA degree (or planned completion in current academic calendar) in a technical field
Or Equivalent military training or technical degree.
- 0-2 years of experience in Etch equipment maintenance.
- Engineering related internships/co-op/work experience is a plus.
- Electronic and mechanical aptitude. Passion for electronic and mechanical tinkering.
- Must be able to apply theoretical/textbook concepts in practical, real-world applications.
- Solid organizational, documentation and writing skills.
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Self-directed, self-motivated.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
- Participation as an active member of the Fab 4 ERT (Emergency Response Team).
- Ability to meet the requirements of the ERT physical.
- Must be able and willing to travel for training purposes.
Critical Physical Requirements
Able to lift, push, pull approx. 50 lbs; carry 50 lbs; sit 5%; stand 60%; walk 35%; must be able to perform activities that include climbing, bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, crawling, handling, feeling, hearing, talking, seeing. Work environment could include slippery surfaces, noise or vibrations, mechanical hazards, electrical hazards, fumes or odors, dust or gases.
This is considered a safety sensitive position.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.