To perform the duties associated with labeling, inspecting and packaging of Boehringer Ingelheim vaccines. Performs and executes with others, all daily scheduled activities associated with packaging vaccines.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operation of labeling and packaging machinery
- Label and inspect products accurately and efficiently, to meet quality guidelines
- Package finished goods requirements according to weekly/daily schedule
- Perform packaging according to Standard Operating Procedures in a USDA regulated environment
- Complete documentation in an accurate, concurrent and timely manner
- Ability to stand for extended period of time and perform range of motions
- Communicate process needs to co-workers and supervisor
- Participate in daily performance reviews with team
- Cross-training in other production areas as required to meet business needs
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment
- Demonstrate a visible & tangible commitment to HSE, Lean Principles, and the Values in all work related activities
- In addition to the above, other assigned duties & projects deemed appropriate within the position scope to include, but not limited to Material Handling activities
Demonstrates a commitment to the HSE Program. Works in a safe, responsible manner. Supports safety policies and procedures. Identifies & properly reports unsafe work habits, conditions, &/or practices.
This position may require the handling, storing, and managing of hazardous waste and this employee shall comply with all applicable state and federal laws. This person must successfully complete the hazardous waste management training program within six months of their employment or assignment should this be the case. Such an employee must not work in unsupervised positions until they have successfully completed the hazardous waste management training requirements, and must take part in an annual review in addition to the initial training. This training program includes classroom instruction and on-the-job training to ensure they perform their duties in compliance with the requirements of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, (RCRA).
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities:
- Minimum of High School graduate or equivalent
- 12 months of manufacturing experience
- Forklift experience required. Stand up forklift experience preferred.
- Equipment trouble shooting knowledge and skills
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures, alone or in a group setting
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
- Basic aptitude for math and computer skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.