Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
The Instrument Repair Technician works under varying degrees of supervision to perform complex operational tests, troubleshoots, and repairs a wide variety of Kollsman/IDC manufactured equipment or items from other manufactures to include but not limited to Airspeed Indicators, Vertical speed indicators, Aircraft Engine Instruments, Air data units and other Aircraft systems both electronic and electromechanical. Works from FAA approved data which could include blueprints, schematics, test procedures, and written and/or oral instructions. Typical duties could include, but would not be limited to, those listed below.
- Select, set-up, and operate a wide variety of mechanical, and/or electrical test equipment and measuring instruments to perform complex operational testing which may require mathematical calculations and multiple adjustments to the equipment being tested.
- Verify the reason for rejection and/or functionally tests the unit to applicable test procedures, assembly drawings and product drawings.
- Perform diagnostic procedures to locate malfunction. Troubleshot unit from schematics and based on analysis of test data. Determine best method of correcting problem and perform work necessary to repair, modify or replace sub-assemblies on rejected unit. Perform modifications using approved data (FAA).
- Complete final test and inspection in accordance with applicable test procedures, test log and product drawings. Must have the ability to perform peer inspections for other technicians.
- Thoroughly, legible and accurately document test results on prescribed hand written forms and electronic data entry.
- Tactfully and effectively communicate with customer regarding any questions arising on repaired unit.
- May provide instruction to other personnel.
- Responsible for the safe handling and disposal of hazardous materials and waste.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures
High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree or 3-5 years of experience in the electronics industry or military preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Perform complex operational test utilizing mathematical calculations; instrument/repair experience
- Must be able to work and trouble shoot from blueprints, schematics, test procedures
- Must follow written and oral instructions
- Needs to be detailed oriented
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing