Manufacture animal health vaccine active ingredients following defined procedures and regulations using cell culture and virus culture techniques using roller bottle technology.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing in an aseptic clean room environment utilizing virus and cell culture techniques according to USDA regulations
- Execute processes adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures
- Complete documentation concurrently
- Support cross-functional activities as required
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks (for example, cleaning, work order escalation, etc.) related to departmental functions
- Perform preventative maintenance and general upkeep on equipment and facilities including environmental monitoring
- Responsible for maintaining accurate area inventories for raw materials and supplies
- Adhere to current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP)
- Demonstrate a visible & tangible commitment to HSE, Lean Principles, and the BI Values in all work related activities
- In addition to the above, other assigned duties & projects deemed appropriate within the position scope.
- May not own or have contact with other birds or poultry.
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- B.S. in Biology or relevant field, laboratory experience
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world’s top 20 pharmaceutical companies and operates globally with approximately 50,000 employees. Since our founding in 1885, the company has remained family-owned and today we are committed to creating value through innovation in three business areas including human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. Since we are privately held, we have the ability to take an innovative, long-term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries and the introduction of truly novel medicines that improve lives and provide valuable services and support to patients and their families. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. We are also deeply committed to our communities and our employees create and engage in programs that strengthen the neighbourhoods where we live and work. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.