Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchips is seeking an entry level technician with experience and education in administrative and electro-mechanical assembly to support the Test System Group (TSG) located in Chandler Arizona.
In this position you will interact with and support the hardware engineering team, internal customers and external suppliers on behalf of the Test Systems Group and TSG engineering lab. Your primary duties will be to perform assembly of electrical components to printed circuit boards and other lab activities such as, generating and processing purchase orders, generating weekly lab productivity reports, assist the QA department and the other engineering groups in writing technical documents and maintaining operating specifications. Secondary duties will include managing the component inventory, reviewing and vetting “bills of materials”, building mechanical assemblies to support engineering projects. You will also be expected to provide back up support to the TSG engineering lab as required. The duties for this job can vary and will be primarily driven by customer demand. Some limited travel (<10%), will be required.
Education & Experience Requirements:
· Electronic Technician Degree with a minimum 2+ years industry experience, or
· Military technician training or industry training with a minimum 5+ years industry experience
Requirements & Qualifications:
· Excellent communication and organizational skills is a must. (e.g. Verbal, Written, Regular communications in a
Familiarity with or the ability to learn systems like BAAN, SharePoint, Pivot Tables and Workflows
· Collect and document test results in concise and meaningful reports
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
· Lab management experience is a plus
· Ability to read,and accurately interpret electrical schematics, bills of materials, assembly instructions
· Competent in electrical component inventory management and component research
· Some familiarity with assorted test/measurement equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, power supply, source meter, function generator, network analyzer, etc.)
· Hands on experience with mechanical assemblies and assembly and repair of circuit load boards (e.g soldering
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.