SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Performs non-routine technical assignments of substantial variety and complexity such as the design, assembly, and operation of equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
* Performs assignments and may assist in planning assignments of a non-routine nature for which operational precedents are not fully applicable.
* Designs and builds tooling, test fixtures and assembly equipment. Builds prototypes and models and may operate machine tools.
* Develops test and assembly procedures.
* Investigates and analyzes product and assembly problems.
* May supervise other technicians, lab and equipment.
* Prepares test specimens, adjusts and operates equipment, and records test data, pointing out deviations resulting from equipment malfunction or observational errors.
* Writes reports, extracts engineering or other data from various reports and processes and presents the data.
* Receives technical advice from engineers or supervisor for complex problems.
* Working overtime may be required for this position.
* Performs other duties and tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may apply.
* Visual Acuity
* Color perception
* Depth perception
* Field of vision/peripheral
* Fine motor skills
* Chemical vapors
* Soldering fumes
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Education equivalent to a High School Diploma with seven years of previous technician experience, or an Associate's Degree with five years of previous technician experience, or a Bachelor's Degree with three years of experience.
* Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve moderately complex technical problems.
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
* Ability to work well as a team member.
* Knowledge of various tooling and testing equipment.
* Assignment performance/planning
* Test specimen preparation/equipment design, assembly and operation/test data recording and analyzing
* Engineering data report extraction/processing/presentation/writing
* Problem solving
* Supervisory process
* Prototype and model building
* Computer skills
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. Merit currently has an opening at its corporate headquarters in South Jordan, Utah in our Operational Systems Department. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
1600 West Merit Parkway South Jordan, UT 84095
At Merit Medical, our mission is to create innovative medical devices that improve lives. Our goal is to hire and develop people who want to build something special through hard work, team effort, and commitment. Together, we are making a difference in the lives of patients around the world.
As an eligible Merit employee, you can expect the following:
* Multiple Shifts and Hours to choose from: Days, Swing (Eve), and Nights
* Medical/Dental & Other Insurances (eligible the first of month after 30 days)
* No Cost Onsite Dental Clinic | Low Cost Onsite Medical Clinic
* Two (2) Onsite Cafeterias
* Employee Garden | Gardening Classes
* 3 Weeks' Vacation | 1 Week Sick-Time | Paid Holidays
* 401K | Health Savings Account
To see more on our culture, go to www.merit.com/careers.
Day in the Life:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled