Department : Montgomery Quality Assurance Night
Work Schedule: [[5:00pm Until Completed]]
Summary Job Statement
The Lab Technician will be responsible for testing our finished product as well as specific packaging attributes as described by our Parent Company. Verification, that our finish product meets required specifications, will be the key role of our Lab Technician.
- Perform beverage attribute testing to include: Brix, Assay, CO2, Net Contents, pH and Taste & Odor
- Perform package attribute testing to include: Closure Removal Torques, Can Lid Application (Where Applicable), and Visual Appearance
- Perform finished product attributes such as: Correct Bottle/Can, Correct Closure/Lid, Correct Label, Correct Production Date Code to include final packaging (Cases, Cartons, Trays, Wraps, etc.) and verification of any Promotional Identification.
- Perform Micro sample collection and testing (Note: A designated technician may be selected for Micro testing, in some cases, removing this responsibility from the remaining technicians). Perform Syrup testing such as Brix, Assay, pH to include the use of a UPLC or an HPLC unit. (Note: Blending Technicians may be selected for Syrup testing, in some cases, removing this responsibility from Lab Technicians).
- Perform lab equipment calibrations and/or verifications as needed. Lab equipment maintenance and problem troubleshoot is required as needed. Perform water treatment duties as described by the Quality Manager where applicable. Perform Internal Clean In Place (CIP) setup as described by the Quality Manager where applicable. Participate in the Sensory Program where applicable.
- Data entry from product testing is required in LDMS to include review of test results and reaction if necessary should an out of specification situation arise. Knowledge of the Product Hold program (when to use and when not to use) is a must. Assist in writing standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as needed to include the use of Master Control
- Perform daily lab housekeeping to include GMP practices inside and outside the lab where needed. Maintain lab testing equipment supplies to include ordering and inventory control. Maintain lab testing equipment supplies to include ordering and inventory control. Perform Internal Clean In Place (CIP) setup as described by the Quality Manager where applicable
- Responsible for receiving and testing raw materials where applicable
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 6+ months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Food Safety Certifications Preferred
- In depth knowledge of LDMS Preferred
- Computer Skills a must
- Math Skills a must
- Good Verbal and Written Communication Skills a must
- Detail Oriented
- Record keeping and Organizational Skills a must
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Must demonstrate quick learning ability of software systems and applications.
- Must be able to multitask effectively
- Must be able to work in close quarters with others
- Additional duties as assigned
Successful candidates with our company must pass a drug screen and background check. (MVR/DOT Physical, if applicable)
Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED, Inc. “An EEO/AAP Employer (M/F/D/V)”
CCBCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.