Job Title: Technician Maintenance
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Assists in maintaining and repairing all facility equipment, machinery and buildings while maintaining sufficient inventory levels.
- Optimizes processing and reduces downtime by performing predictive and preventative maintenance on all equipment, machinery and facility buildings; participating in the installation of new equipment as required.
- Contributes to maintaining a safe, secure and clean workplace by conducting the daily, weekly, quarterly and semi-annual safety/maintenance inspections according to pre-established guidelines and schedules; completes related paperwork in a timely and accurate manner to GMP standards.
- Contributes to production efficiency by responding to maintenance calls on a 24 hour 7 days per week basis as assigned, rotating on-call responsibility, investigates reason for call in, and either repairs or defers action for immediate supervisor decision; maintaining a spare parts program.
- Maintains building climate by installing, repairing and servicing ventilation, heat and air conditioning systems.
- Complies with all environmental requirements for waste.
- Maintains facility lighting by installing and repairing wiring and fixtures.
- Monitors production efficiency by maintaining and analyzing a production downtime record.
- Ensures employee safety by adhering to all Lock-out, Tag out procedures; following the MSDS safety procedures when using chemicals.
- Strives for continuous improvement by analyzing new or alternative ways to improve operations; incorporates staff recommendations into analysis; responds to audit activities in a constructive manner and uses findings to improve operations where possible.
- Maintains mechanical and technical skills knowledge and abilities by attending workshops, reviews trade publications and participates in training others to conduct minor, basic repairs to equipment, machinery, etc. Completes any training deficiency as noted.
Duties - cont'd
- Successfully meets the requirements of irradiator operator.
- Successfully completes electrical and OSHA classes as demonstrated through hands on task demonstration and written test.
- Utilizes and updates spare part practices/policies/systems.
- Completes other certifications, i.e., forklift, welding, boiler, pesticide applicator, as identified by operator licenses/permits.
- May be required to provide tools according to local policy.
- Utilizes computer to complete work orders, forms, training, etc.
- Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the GMP and other directives; supports the directives and decisions of higher level management; accomplishes other duties as assigned.
- Provides protection to employees by promoting and issuing monitoring devices in hazard areas as required by safety rules. Complies with and promotes all hot work requirements.
- Supports the Isomedix business imperatives of Growth, Operational Excellence, Leadership Excellence and Customer Focus, by acting with integrity, treating everyone with mutual respect, exhibiting a genuine commitment to the success of all employees, and delivering satisfaction to our Customers through teamwork, innovation and continuous improvement; this will be accomplished while acting safely and is defined as "The STERIS Way."
- Exhibits a commitment to the Isomedix shared values of Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customer’s needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and satisfying the Customer’s needs with a sense of urgency.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Subject to passing Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) required background check.
- Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English. (English and Spanish in PR)
- Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
- Requires computer literacy to include word processing, spreadsheet and software capabilities.
- Requires effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
- Above average organizing, analyzing and a minimum of Level 3 math skills (ratios, proportions, basic algebra) to determine organizational Customer and regulatory problems to formulate corrective action plans.
- May require PLC/control experience.
- Able to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
- Requires working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanics or electrical applications.
- Requires ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: El Paso
Job Segment: Maintenance, Technician, Hydraulics, Medical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Technology, Engineering, Healthcare