Teledyne Defense Electronics is a flagship business unit of Teledyne Microwave Solutions (TMS) with over 50 years of experience in the design, development, and manufacture of sophisticated microwave/RF components and integrated assemblies for the most demanding challenges. Our products and capabilities are sought after by civilian and military organizations spanning numerous global markets, including Aviation, Communication, Electronic Warfare (EW/ECM/CIED), Industrial, Missile/UAV, Radar, Satcom, Space, and Test and Measurement.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Technician will work in production test. The employee will use network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and DVMs with various hand tools and align and test modules
over temperature. Alignment includes insertion loss, gain, and return loss. Modules contain MMIC and FETs that functionally operate at frequencies ranging up to 40 GHz.
May develop technical specifications and procedures. May maintain a Lab Book. May prepare reports and recommend solutions to technical problems as required.
Duties may include, but not limited to:
Components and Subsystems
- Test and align RF amplifiers and modules up to 18 GHZ
- Must be able to calibrate the test equipment
- Perform tests such as 1dB compression (P-1), noise figure, PSAT, and harmonics
- Perform ball bond and gap weld
- Troubleshoot as needed
- Must be able to read and understand the Tech sheets, Data sheets, ATP’s and bonding masters
- Perform final test
- Operate an ATE set-up
- Measure Phase and Gain matching or tracking using the 8720 network analyzer
- Troubleshoot an RF amplifier down to the component level
- Assist the customer with any CSI testing that is required
- Calculate the approximate value of the noise, gain, and power of an amplifier by using the module data to determine if the amp will work before it is assembled
- Perform testing and troubleshooting of analog control circuits
- Follow procedures for final level tests
- Perform initial test of microwave circuits
- Learn Microwave components
- Perform tests of high and low power DC to DC inverters
- Learn to measure gain, power dBm, VSWR, P-1 dB, harmonics, linearity, control signals, noise figure, spurious, 3rd order products, timing, and test set-ups as required
- Test and align multiplier boards
- Perform final test
- Process and manage work flow of RMA units
- Participate in work flow with other technicians
- Manage calibration process for all equipment
- Facilitate shipments to customers
Basic computer skills: MS Word, Excel. Good knowledge and understanding of microwave theory and application. Ability to work with schematic drawings. Proficient at Wedge Bond, Ball Bond, Soldering. Ability to perform precision manual tasks under a microscope. Trouble-shooting skills, ability to present problem-solving strategies. Familiar with the various Test equipment, such as: power meter, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, noise figure meter, vector, and digital voltage meter. AA/AS Degree or 7 to 10 years Thin Film experience required. U.S. Citizen and must be eligible to attain a security clearance.