Position Summary: The Technician will repair, adjust, and maintain production equipment, machinery, or instruments to ensure that it functions reliably and complies with process specifications. Respond to emergencies, break-downs, malfunctions, an other operating problems to minimize disruptions to manufacturing processes. this includes running the production line.
Essential Job Functions
- works in a safe manner as directed, completes all safety training on time and as required.
- Services, performs equipment set up, operates, maintains, adjusts, changes-over and over hauls on the following: Minster mechanical power press, Alcoa light tester, Paumier beader, Busse palletizers, mechanical Conveying equipment, compressed air systems, and associated machinery.
- Performs related work assignments, tasks, checks, and measurements.
- Notifies supervisor when supplies need replenishing, and or evaluation of equipment is needed.
- Lift Truck license is required (training provided)
- Requires supervisory assistance only when unusual quality or operating problems occur. Has full responsibility for the quality of his/her product, and line efficiency.
- Has the skill to properly diagnose mechanical and quality problems, determines the necessary repairs, and restores defective equipment back to service with a minimum of delay.
- Effectively assists supervision to direct lower bracket support personal in the safe and proper operation of the assigned jobs.
- Must have basic fabricating, welding, and machining skills.
- Prepares and maintains reports, and records as they relate to production quality and maintenance.
- maintains work area, and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs all duties with regard to safety for self and other employees, while exercising proper care and protection of company property.
- Must be familiar with the proper use of all hand tools and poser tools related to packaging, and packaging equipment.
Essential Job Requirements:
Education: Associate's degree, or equivalent experience; satisfactory score on job-relates test; Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience: Manufacturing experience preferred; read and comprehend blue print, drawings, handbooks, equipment manuals, and parts lists.
Required Skills: Technical aptitude; use of hand and power tools; read, write, and understand English.
Physical Requirements: Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals, overtime, shift work, and travel. Physically capable of lifting, flexing, bending, an climbing as necessary to carry out responsibilities
Click Here To Apply
Industrial / Mechanical Engineering Technician