The R&E Technician for the USMS is responsible for effectively performing R&E routine work associated with aircraft maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Detailed knowledge of aircraft avionics and electrical systems. Understand engineering methodology for systems installations. All other duties as assigned.
Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
- Analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years previous experience.
- A&P or FCC license required.
- Have or be able to obtain a Passport.
- Travel-Willing to fly with Acft on missions with some overnight (Flight Mech).
- Must be able to Pass a Federal Background Check.
- Experience Trouble Shooting and repairs Aircraft Systems on both Boeing 737 NG and Classic.
- Experience on Narrow body Acft Line maintenance.
- Familiar with WD, FIM, AMM,. Updating FMS Data Bases and EGPWS Data Bases.
- Knowledge with Equipment DPS 500 & DPS 450 air data tester, IFR 4000 ramp test set, IFR 600 Ramp test set, Bonding meter and Mega OHM Meter. Bite Test on LRU and Acft Systems. EWIS Awareness. EOPS Awareness. Testing, Troubleshooting, Rigging of Sensors & Actuators of Auto Pilot Systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is a warehouse setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional warehouse environment.
Primary Location: United States-Oklahoma-Oklahoma City
Overtime Status: Non-exempt