Technician performs mechanical services on new and used equipment in the service shop area. Position is responsible for testing, repairing and rebuilding equipment. Additional responsibilities include; writing service reports, assigning time to jobs and adhering to all safety regulations. Technician is also responsible for housekeeping (5S) and properly maintaining company issued tools and equipment.
- Adheres to all safety rules and maintains good housekeeping (5S) in shop area.
- Diagnoses and repairs equipment in the service shop.
- Completes all required reporting for service time in an accurate and efficiently; this includes writing service reports, properly allocating time to each job, and tracking parts charged and parts returned.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by understanding customer needs and deadlines, attempting to complete scheduled repairs and service as safely, timely and accurately as possible.
- Maintains company issued equipment and tools, keeping them in good working order.
- Requires moderate supervision for successful performance
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or equivalent. Technical background provided through a vocational school with studies in diesel equipment repair.
- Three to five years’ mechanical experience with heavy equipment. Strong working knowledge of hydraulics, power train and electrical systems.
- Solid understanding of work area metrics, takes responsibility for improving metrics and results. Applies initiative, demonstrating a “self starting” ability to daily work and proactively making improvements to the work process.
- Exhibits good problem solving skills; is able to identify problems, solicit other’s opinions and offer valid solutions. Interprets and applies policies, procedures and guidelines. Demonstrates a basic understanding of warranty administration.
- Responds to customer requests with a sense of urgency, treating customers as his/her highest priority. Takes personal responsibility with customers, keeping commitments and following through on requests.
- Is able to project professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance along with friendly, courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.
- Is able to operate industry specific PC and main frame programs with a basic understanding of MS Word, Excel and data base systems.
- The ability to work overtime and weekends.
- Must have a good driving record and the skill to operate trucks of one ton or less
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)