Technician, Senior Communications-0009MU
The Senior Communications Technician will provide regional telecommunications field support. This role requires a highly motivated individual, capable of working independent of direct supervision, to support a wide array of communications systems across the Houston Gulf Coast area. This position will provide direct support of local projects, system preventative maintenance, fault isolation and troubleshooting, and 24 hour on-call support. The technician will also provide support and first level training of field operations personnel.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting for various types of communication systems, such as voice, data, SCADA, video, microwave, and satellite equipment, in addition to the infrastructure which it supports.
- Assist projects group with the implementation of project related systems.
- Direct local contractors engaged in the installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems.
- Provide support and first level training of field operations personnel.
- Act as first level liaison between field operations and the IT organization.
- Drive standards in the field and provide feedback to the communications engineering team.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support.
- Travel up to 40%.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A high school degree or G.E.D. is required.
- An Associate's degree in Electronics or7 years of equivalent experience in the field of Electronics is required.
- FCC license is preferred.
- A network certification such as a CCNA is a plus.
- 7+ years experience in the installation and/or maintenance of telecommunications systems, including wireless data systems, SCADA, and LAN cabling systemsare required.
- Proven experience with phone system and microwave communications systems installation and maintenance are a plus.
- The applicant should be able to utilize test equipment and software required to support telecommunications systems in the field.
- The applicant should also be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently of direct supervision and prioritize assigned activities
- Ability to interact with internal and external teams /clients to solve problems.
- Physical ability to work in an outdoor environment and safely and effectively operate a motor vehicle.
Travel:Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level:Individual Contributor