The Broadband Technician position exists to perform the cut over of new services being provided on clients Broadband and SONET network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Handle all pre-test and field test on all Vz products assigned with little supervision.
• Provide a professional quality installation to insure Vz is delivering a positive Customer Experience. Owns all aspects of the installation including initial and follow-up communication with the customer.
• Handle all pre-test and field test on all Vz products assigned without any supervision.
• Perform moderate level activation of broadband products including everything EoC and EoS and above including DS3 and SONET services.
• Map moderate Broadband cross connects in the Vz network—Sonet and Ethernet
• Perform moderate level router configuration on Broadband switching platform.
• Perform line by line provisioning CPE: Cisco, Adtran, and Accedian NID.
• Perform basic activation of VPLS: Virtual Private LAN Service product.
• Perform Ethernet layer 2 and Layer 3 testing and troubleshooting.
• Familiar with NAC operating procedures, processes, and OSS system.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Licensures: Relevant vendor certifications preferred: CCNA, Ciena Carrier Ethernet, JNCIA/S/P, Adtran, Hatteras, Nortel, Infinera, BGP
Relevant Work Experience: 4-5 years of working experience in a Broadband Activations Environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Basic Computer Skills Required? Yes to include KEYBOARDING!
Software: MS Office, Centest, Spirent, Nettest, Netanalyst
Hardware: DACS; Cerent; Cisco Catalyst Switch; Adtran TA5000; Hatteras; Ciena 311V; Positron; Huaweii; Cisco 454; Optera 5200; AES- Aggregated Ethernet Switch; MCR/CHR/CLR; Accedian NID; Fuji/
Databases: Remedy; TBS (aka Metasolve or Oracle)
Operating Systems: Knowledge of at least 1 proficiency Cisco, Junos, Infinera, Ciena Core Director, Nortel Optical Networking.
Other Job Specific Skills:
Command Line Interface experience in Adtran, Cisco, and or Juniper
Some knowledge of IP Standards/Protocols, BGP, IPv6
• Must be very knowledgeable in at least 3 of the following fXO products and services below:
Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
Ethernet Private Line
• Must be knowledgeable and fully proficient in XO system reporting
• Knowledgeable of enterprise connectivity methods including Wavelength, VPLS, SONET, Private Line, and Ethernet
• Knowledgeable of CPE including routers, switches
• Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills.
• Strong analytical/quantitative skills.
• Strong attention to detail and systems knowledge.
• Familiar with NAC operating procedures, processes, and TBS system.
• Knowledgeable of IP networking and sub-netting (including some enterprise routing protocol BGP).