Performs imaging procedures/treatments according to radiology practice standards in order to aid in the diagnosis and/or treatment of disease.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Radiologic principals/theory and utilizes the most appropriate technique and positioning for optimal procedures/treatments, as demonstrated by procedure/treatment results.
- Develops appropriate procedure/treatment plan.
- Implements procedure/treatment plan utilizing established hospital protocols/guidelines.
- Completes documentation as required to comply with hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintains equipment, procedure/treatment rooms, and work areas in a neat and safe condition to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
- Participates in hospital and departmental Performance Improvement activities to ensure that patient care is consistent with established standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
|Description||Minimum Required||Preferred / Desired|
|Recent experience as a Sonographer.|
|Registered by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography ARDMS and/or Registered Vascular Technologist RVT or new graduate who is waiting to take the registry. Proof of registry (by primary source) must be available within 60 calendar days of graduation. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 30 days of hire date.|
|Basic computer literacy skills.|
|ARDMS , BLS WITHIN 30 DAYS OF HIRE , NEW GRADUATE WHO WILL OBTAIN REQUIRED REGISTRY WITHIN 60 DAYS OF HIRE , RVT|