Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
It is a very exciting time to join the FIS Merchant business team! We have completed development of our very own Merchant Processing System (MPS) - with complete functionality, flexibility, and infrastructure - to compete with the biggest processors and aggressively grow our merchant acquiring business.
What you will be doing
You will work closely with multiple Merchant business teams (client services, operations, boarding, finance, product management) to support aggressive business growth – specifically on multifaceted merchant conversions to FIS MPS front end platform, updated sales and product support processes, new terminal release process, set-up and tracking, and reporting and dashboard metrics.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responds to product inquiries via telephone or in written internet-based email or chat sessions.
- Documents client information and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development
- Work with other leaders internally to plan, and execute on existing and new product / service plans
- Supports internal leaders in answering/ researching product /service functionality questions
- Supports the conversion of product ideas/ concepts into viable business cases and strategy statements with clear and achievable objectives
What is this position?
**This position is slated to start June 17th, 2019**
The FIS 2019 Associate Development Program:
- As a 2019 Associate Development Program participant with FIS, you will benefit from a two-year on the job training program. As a program participant you will have the opportunity to be mentored and participate in team projects, social events, community service activities work, and professional development seminars.
- Upon the program start date, each ADP participant will complete a one-week orientation program where participants:
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organization
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
- The ADP program participants will participate in monthly virtual trainings with their manager and while receiving bi-weekly performance feedback from their managers they will also receive accelerated performance reviews and merit increases every six-months throughout the two-year development program.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science, Business, or Product Management
- Organizational and time management skills required
- Self-starter with proven ability to work independently
- Extremely comfortable working with computers and a variety of applications
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
What we offer you
- Training across core financial, sales and FIS solutions
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here:www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.