Company Name: Kroger General Office
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Line of Business: Technology Strategy & Architecture
See what life is like at Kroger Technology
Additional Technology Information:
Provide advanced and/or cross-technology engineering through all phases of the Technology/Project Life Cycle. Design, implement, install, maintains and administers infrastructure systems including hardware, software and various configurations. Monitor overall performance to proactively identify potential issues and tune appropriately. Perform root cause analysis on failed components and implements corrective measures. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Set design patterns for application integration, data governance and analytics development to enable the implementation of intended business architecture
- Build well-architected “current technology” systems to support a constantly evolving business landscape.
- Oversee the design, development, installation, performance and documentation of our NoSQL and BigData technologies (Apache Cassandra, Datastax, Mongo DB, Hortonworks, BigSQL etc.)
- Transition traditional business solutions to new models using the latest architecture patterns and best practices, including micro-services, Azure, AWS cloud, Big Data etc.
- Build effective partnerships with internal/external stakeholders and suppliers to drive innovation
- Work with database and infrastructure teams to manage and optimize database licensing as per agreements; provide coaching and performance feedback to team members in a lead capacity
- Collaborate with teams on programs/projects to meet stakeholder criteria in a way that demonstrates leadership attributes and builds credibility
- Provide customer and system support on a rotating 24 x 7 basis
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign educational equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field such as Electronics and Communication Engineering
- 8 years’ experience in developing NoSQL and Big Data technology strategy and tactical implementation plans; OO programming languages such as Java, J2EE, writing multithreaded and highly concurrent services on distributed systems and enterprise applications
- Essential Linux comfort level and expert administration duties Big Data Architecture (Cassandra, Spark, Solr, Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, MongoDB, Hbase, Redis etc.)
- Distributed database and applications development and Performance tuning
- Enterprise experience installing, configuring, securing and maintaining Apache Cassandra, Datastax Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Apache Hadoop, Graph Databases, Hortonworks Data platform, and other NoSQL technologies
- Data modeling experience in Oracle, Postgres, NoSQL and Big Data; experience with Tibco products, Spring, SOA architecture; experience leading cross-functional initiatives
- Experience drafting and delivering verbal and written communication as a team lead
- Experience working with infrastructure platforms, Operating systems, storage technologies, memory management, disk arrays, NAS/SAN, networking
- 3 years’ experience in programming/Scripting Skills such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Ruby, Java
- Large cloud-computing environments (i.e., AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure)
- Current data architecture frameworks, data governance models and development Data Management programs and practices; and experience with Containerization technologies such as docker, pivotal cloud foundry and kubernetes
Desired Previous Job Experience:
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world's largest retailers, we employee nearly half a million Associates across 35 states. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OH || Blue Ash || 11450 Grooms Road || 45242 || Kroger General Office || [[mfield2]] || Information Services and Systems || Employee || Exempt|| Full-Time || None