The Manager, Technology Engineering is responsible for the effective delivery of all Azure and AWS cloud, third-party, and internally managed/on-prem IT infrastructure used to support business process and services across the corporate enterprise. This scope includes the leadership of the systems, network, and desktop support functions based in Camden, NJ as well as our other corporate locations. This role also has shared oversight over the technology solutions we provide to our 70+ school locations across North America. This position will lead the Engineering team in order to continue to drive our infrastructure transformation agenda and corporate cloud first strategy.
In this role you must gain a deep understanding of how our technology systems function and what the drivers are for success, including key challenges and areas of improvement. You must translate this understanding into a clear roadmap to manage the transactional day-to-day relationships and the strategic planning demands for Technology Engineering.
The successful candidate will have solid technical infrastructure experience including both systems engineering and network engineering (on-prem and cloud based). This leader must also have strong project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills, in addition to a superior, service-oriented approach to infrastructure and cloud operations. Because of the diversity of engineering talent management that is required for this role, you must be intrinsically motivated. Great written, verbal, and presentation communication skills are a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the development, implementation, and management of systems engineering, network engineering, and desktop support services
- Ensures effective integration with the Technology Support and DevOps teams to ensure smooth operations
- Provides technical direction and oversight for the design, development, operation, and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business and ensures their cost-effective delivery
- Helps to manage operating budgets for Catapult Technology to ensure that the budget is consistent with the strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise
- Educates and informs the Technology management team about Cloud & Technology Engineering projects and initiatives, with a clear vision of what business purpose/objective they improve
- Is responsible for overall SLAs, including reporting and operational visibility, as well as day to day production service escalations and communications
- Other duties may be assigned
- Extensive IT experience, including experience in a Technology management role (required)
- Extensive hands on experience with systems engineering and network engineering
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization and within complex constraints
- Proven record of project management skills, ability to plan and successfully execute project plans
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a team to continuously improve performance and to achieve desired results
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
- Deep technical understanding of Azure and AWS Cloud architecture and Cloud engineering best practices.
- Stays current with IT Operations trends and new best practices.
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
- 5+ years of relevant Technology Engineering and Cloud Operations experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Industry certifications are a plus. At least one industry certification is required.
- Experience delivering solutions in a complex, globally distributed infrastructure.
- Demonstrable experience delivering automation and other optimization techniques to modernize legacy infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Excellent technical leader with proven, extensive experience in multiple technical infrastructure design areas and in technology management.
- Ability to create constructive relationships, influence, and communicate (to project team, IT management, and non-technical Executive staff).
- Ability to lead complex, cross-functional problem-solving initiatives.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Proven ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products is required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Leadership experience promoting a team-oriented, collaborative, and successful environment