Urbana School District #116
TITLE:Technology Intern (Parkland College Students Only)
LOCATION:Urbana School District #116 School Buildings
HOURS:7:30AM - 11:30AM or 12:00PM - 4:00PM (up to 19 hrs/week)
SUPERVISOR:Chief Information Officer
JOB SUMMARY:TheTechnology Internwill assist IT staff with maintaining the continuity of computer system services for USD students and staff, by providing technical expertise and problem resolution. TheTechnology Internwill receive practical, professional experience that will enhance and complement their classroom learning. IT staff will coach, mentor, and support the professional development of theTechnology Intern, allowing him/her to gain hands-on technical experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Troubleshoots and resolves reported computer and network issues
- Configures and deploys end-user devices
- Retires end of life end-user devices
- Creates and maintains accurate and current documentation (FAQ, how-to, etc.)
- Conducts and maintains District Technology inventory
- Keeps Technology staff informed of work progress, and requests support or guidance when needed
- Performs other related job duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Current enrollment in a Parkland College's computer network administration associate’s degree program
- Knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of computer system best practices andsecurity principles
- Ability to effectively write clear, detailed policies and operating procedures
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on projects within a team environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical staff at all levels of the organization
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:Temporary employment; Internship is funded until June 30, 2020 or expiration of grant funds, with the possibility of extension for the following school year.
EVALUATION:Performance of this job will be evaluated by the Chief Information Officer.
NOTE:This is not a position within the collective bargaining unit and is not an administrative position.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER