Position Summary: The Tech Sales Supervisor is responsible for selling technology products and services to Staples’ customers. This individual also acts as the team lead within the department – driving computing sales, training and coaching team members on selling techniques, and inspiring other team members through positive attitude and behaviors. The Tech Sales Supervisor must have excellent communication skills including listening and gaining a thorough understanding of customers’ needs in order to offer them the best solution.
General Purpose: Drive profitable sales growth through selling technology products and services by creating and maintaining an inspired Selling Culture in Technology. Lead the department by coaching and developing the Tech Sales Team.
- Shows ability to lead and coach a team to strengthen and support our associates and customers
- Teaches and reinforces consultative selling behaviors that result in Managers and Associates delivering exceptional sales amp; service results
- Experience working on presenting solutions through creating an open and friendly customer centric environment that provides a total solution to all customers
- Demonstrates ability to coach and lead a team committed to operational excellence to drive profitable year over year sales and margin
- Has a clear understanding of merchandising and retail operations
- Champion of Staples values; Own it, Say it like it is, Be Caring, keep it simple, and Work together
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Adheres to all company policy and procedures
Leadership: Serves as a leader within the retail organization with direct accountability to the Tech Selling floor. Provides coaching and feedback to all tech sales associates. Takes personal accountability for the tech sales team.. Drive profitable sales and service. High integrity and ethical behavior as a keyholder for the store.
People: Involved in the selection, recruitment and performance assessments of Tech Sales associates.
Selling: Champions technology and computing selling programs; Exhibits Inspired Selling behaviors in all interactions and communications with customers, associates and management. Coaches team of associates to do the same; Serves as a Selling and Service role model for whole store. Achieve all sales amp; service goals and drives DPT through presenting solutions. Respond and resolve customer requests and concerns.
Essential Skills amp; Experience:
Results Orientation: Demonstrates strong drive to deliver meaningful results through selling technology products and services. Sets high standards of performance for self amp; others.
Build Relationships: Excellent ability to assess customers’ needs and offer them a full technology solution that meets or exceeds their expectations. Relates to co-workers and managers in an open and friendly manner and enjoys working in a team environment.
Engage amp; Inspire: Leads the Tech Sales team to achieve goals and drives the overall sales of the department (Products and Services) through projecting a positive image, and exhibiting inspired or advanced level of selling behaviors. Coaches’ junior associates to improve skills.
Managing Execution: Ability to be organized and plan work to ensure that work is completed on time and to high standards. Follows all company amp; departmental operational standards, processes and procedures.
Communication: Strong written and verbal skills. Able to accurately assess customers’ technical knowledge and communicate information in a way the customer can understand. Able to remain calm during tense or stressful situations.
Analysis: Actively listen and ask customers questions to collect sufficient information to understand problems/ issues. Ability to analyze problems amp; issues from different points of view.
Adaptability: Able to adapt to shifting or competing priorities; flexible "can do" attitude.
Leveraging Diversity: Works cooperatively with people who have different backgrounds, knowledge, styles, talents, perspectives, values and beliefs.
- 1 year previous experience selling technology products or services
- Previous experience leading teams and/or supervising others
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Preferred Skills amp; Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to sell technology products and services; genuine interest in technology products
- Experience using financial metrics to track sales progress amp; increase sales
- Ability to peer coach and act as a team lead within the Tech Sales department
- Excellent customer service skills
- Three to five years of key holder experience within a retail environment
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.Job : Retail Locations