Technology Services Business Relationship Manager
Make your mark The Plante Moran Technology Services team is recognized as a Computerworld Top 100 Places to Work in IT for 2018 and has won two prestigious awards in 2017 InformationWeek IT Excellence and the CIO 100. Our team was also a past award winner for InformationWeek IT Excellence in 2012 and 2013. If you are seeking professional growth, like being innovative and challenged, and desire to work on impactful business technology projects, we want to hear from you!
The BRM role serves as the Technology Services strategic interface between IT and the assigned practice area/function. The BRM is a strategic advisor and the single point of contact for the business into IT. The BRM is also an advocate on behalf of the business stakeholders to ensure IT services are meeting business priorities and needs. The BRM role is a leadership position that partners with the practice area/function to achieve strategic objectives by driving innovation and leveraging technology.
- Partner with the practice area/function leadership as a strategic advisor for business strategy, goals and operational challenges in order to drive strategic and innovative use of technology.
- Engage in strategic discussions and decisions as a member of the business team.
- Work with business partners and related IT leaders to ensure actionable roadmaps are in place and effectively communicated that ensure the realization of business goals through IT value delivery.
- Manage and communicate a portfolio of business technology products, projects and enhancements so that the practices area/function has a clear view of current and future IT delivery.Key in this duty is ensuring that demand and priorities are managed in context of business change and IT resource capacity and that expectations are set accordingly.
- Proactively share knowledge of emerging technology trends, risks, and opportunities to facilitate the practice in building and executing change. Do this by connecting the right IT experts into the practice area/function.
- Ensure IT delivery and support models meet the needs of the practice area/function, and propose changes accordingly.
- Work with Project / Product Managers to provide oversight and guidance on business technology project / product scoping and execution, with a strong focus on stakeholder alignment and communication.
- Work with financial leadership on annual IT budgets and forecasts on behalf of the practice area/function.
- Ensure the proper engagement from practice area/function leadership and staffing on projects and product initiatives to ensure stakeholder involvement, buy-in and success.
- 5 years of solutions or business domain experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- 3 years of experience leading teams or projects, with or without direct reports
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, business domain, or related field (additional equivalent work experience may be substituted)
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process
- Ability to recognize relevant technology trends and communicate them in business terms
- Ability to quickly understand the practice area/function business and operating model and maintain a level of strategic business acumen (“think like the business”)
- Must be people-oriented and understand how to lead and quickly form teams and consensus in order to disposition new ideas and balance competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to manage demand and frame out projects and solutions
- Ability to work with internal staff and external customers to develop effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Proven initiative, good judgment, and ability to achieve results
- Ability to motivate and maintain a high level of morale across the team
- Must be an outstanding communicator with the ability to clearly set expectations and build consensus across disparate teams and groups
- Ability to translate business goals and language into technology related goals and language and vice versa
- Experience with presenting and facilitating executive level meetings and discussions, or presenting at large business unit gatherings representing IT
- 10 years IT experience
- 3 years of experience directly managing a team
- 3 years of experience deploying technical solutions
- Certifications such as: BRMP, PMP, Six Sigma
- Experience documenting/designing business processes
- Experience performing business analysis and requirements definition
- Our difference.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively “jerk-free” culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.