Technology Support Specialist
The Technology Support Specialist is responsible for providing an excellent end user experience by resolving potential and technical issues. This person works closely with other members of the IT team to manage a ticketing system. Break fixes are completed within SLA windows and recurring issues are identified and addressed to reduce unnecessary workload on the team. The Technology Support Specialist greatly contributes to the overall success of the IT department by demonstrating a high level of understanding of existing office technology while embracing new technologies that are introduced to the environment.
WHO YOU ARE
- Raise the bar by taking the initiative to achieve results and make excellence your goal.
- Create lifelong fans by making customer experience your top priority.
- Are authentic and say what you mean, share how you feel, and are your true self.
- Are a team player and foster a sense of community by recognizing and valuing the unique contributions of our team.
- Believe it�s possible and are the optimist who looks at challenges as opportunities and brings solutions to the table.
- Embrace change and welcome change that comes your way learning from it.
WHAT YOU�LL DO
- Act as first line of tech support for mobile devices, TVs, and related office technology
- Work tickets in a help desk ticketing system
- Document within the ticketing system actions taken to resolve technical issues
- Maintain knowledgebase and other internal documentation for technology support related topics
- Maintain inventory of office technology equipment and software
- Follow established equipment disposal procedure
- Work with third party IT equipment and service providers as needed (Microsoft, Dell, Apple, Canon, etc.)
- Work with team members to setup new employee accounts and equipment
- Assist with setup and support for conference room technology (presentation equipment, wireless microphones, A/V equipment, projectors, etc.)
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Positive attitude that embraces change
- Eagerness to learn
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to think on your feet and prioritize tickets and projects
- Self-starter that looks for resolutions before they become issues
- Understand a cloud managed environment
- Keen to recommend solutions to resolve re-occurring issues
- Customer focused
- Detail oriented
HOW YOU�LL GET THERE
- 2+ years� experience supporting office technology in an enterprise setting
- 2+ years� experience supporting Microsoft Office
- 2+ years� experience with remote support solutions
- Minimum of 2 years in an IT support role or IT help desk environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage a ticket queue in a help desk system
- Experience with conference room technology
- Knowledge of mobile device support
- High school diploma or equivalent
- MCP or A+ certification helpful
- Valid driver�s license and insurance
We started by developing the world�s leading sit-stand desk converter to help a coworker with back pain, but now we�re so much more than a desk. We are flexible workspace solutions made simple and installed fast.
From a collection of office furniture to workspaces offering space-as-a-service, we provide everything high-growth businesses need to unlock the potential of their workforce. Today, we have over 3 million fans worldwide. We�ve shipped products to more than 120 countries, and our solutions are in 98% of Fortune 500 companies.
We promote a company culture that encourages diversity, creativity, innovation, and inclusion. Vari�has become one of the most innovative, forward-thinking companies in the world. We�re growing quickly, so our company is fast-paced and exciting, but also friendly and supportive. Our employee benefits package includes medical, dental, and 401K, but also profit sharing, education reimbursement, and wellness perks, like an onsite gym.
We�re award winners:
- Best Place to Work - FORTUNE
- National Entrepreneurs of the Year � EY
- Fastest Growing Company in DFW � SMU
- Award Winning Leadership � Most Admired CEO (Dallas Business Journal, 2019), CMO of the Year (American Marketing Association, 2019), Outstanding CFO Large Private Company (DCEO, 2019)
- Multiple Innovation Awards
We want you to be happier and healthier:
- Your own Active Workspace
- On-site gym with Peloton Cycle and a spa-like locker room
- Daily group fitness classes � from bootcamps to yoga
- Subsidized healthy food from the Fresh Caf�
- Comprehensive health plans
- Wellness program and insurance premium discounts
- Nicotine-free facility
We value our employees:
- Community Team that cares
- Enhanced paternity / maternity programs
- 401K and Profit-Sharing plan
- Three weeks of personal time off a year
- Earn up to 40 hours of volunteer time off a year
- Team building events on and off site
- Short-term and long-term disability premiums covered at 100% by Vari
**Vari provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.