The mission of Friendship Public Charter School is to prepare students to become ethical, literate, well-rounded and self-sufficient citizens by providing a world-class education that motivates students to reach high academic standards, to enjoy learning, to achieve success, and to contribute actively to their communities.
Friendship Public Charter Schools is a thriving network of college preparatory public charter schools. Headquartered in Washington, DC, Friendship serves over 4,000 students in preschool to grade 12 and guides a growing network of alumni to college completion annually. 80% of students come from low-income households. 98% are African American or Latino. The mission of Friendship Public Charter School is to prepare students to become ethical, literate, well-rounded and self-sufficient citizens by providing a world-class education that motivates students to reach high academic standards, to enjoy learning, to achieve success, and to contribute actively to their communities.
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible providing technical support to the Friendship Schools user community in the areas of desktop equipment, including system configuration, troubleshooting, security, resource monitoring, audio visual equipment and the development of specialized educational support programs.
- Possesses knowledge of troubleshooting internal technical infrastructure, including but not limited to, Microsoft environment (Windows XP, Win 7, Office 2003, 2010), networking, printing, wireless and audio visual technologies. Logs and tracks all calls using Track-it database, and maintains records and related problem documentation
- Records appropriate resolution information. In troubleshooting PC hardware and software problems, demonstrates appropriate, on-going communication of issue status and customer follow through
- Ensures timely resolution/referral of user problems by documenting the impact to the user and by assigning an appropriate priority and resolution goal
- Deploys new software/hardware and procedures that are thoroughly tested and fully operational. Trains peers and users on software, hardware and IT procedures, which may include the development of training materials
- Contacts software and hardware vendors via voice or online systems to research problems and determine recommended solutions
- Assignments include the regular use of computers to enter data, and other office machines
- 3 years of experience in desktop operations support - Required
- Associate's Degree in MIS, computer science or related field is highly preferred.
- Microsoft Certification (MCP, MCSA, MCSE) preferred.
- A+ or Network+ Certification preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and explain .technological concepts, software, and/or equipment.