Teen Program Coordinator (Miami Beach JCC and BBYO)
Galbut Family Miami Beach JCC on the Simkins Family Campus
4221 Pine Tree Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33140
Ideal Candidate: The Teen Program Coordinator will be a warm and outgoing individual who has experience with providing services to teens and families in a preferably Jewish non-profit environment. Main responsibilities shall include overall supervision and development of teen programs and teen summer camp, recruitment of teens and teen/parent communication. The Teen Program Coordinator will be comfortable with relationship development and be sensitive to the "customer service" commitment of the Miami Beach JCC and BBYO. Judaic knowledge and experience preferred.
Job Summary: The Teen Program Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of the MBJCC/BBYO teen programs for youth 6-12 grade and the teen summer camp. She/he will supervise part-time program staff and volunteers and be responsible for the teens during program time and communication with parents. This position requires independent judgment as well as being a team player, relationship building skills with teens and families, and strong administrative skills. The Teen Program Coordinator must be creative in developing new programs, as well as enhancing those currently in operation for the teens and families of the community.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- B.A./B.S. preferred.
- Detail oriented and well-organized, with the ability to plan projects, activities and schedule several months in advance.
- Jewish background and knowledge preferred including, strong communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time and ability to function as a team player.
- This position requires independent judgment, enthusiasm, innovation, adaptability, dependability, strong administrative skills and work ethic.
- Experience working with teens strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the mission of the MBJCC.
- Must possess computer skills and be willing to learn new programs. (Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Competency with current social networking technologies.
- A strong knowledge of what is current and popular in teen culture.
- Plan, implement and evaluate programs and services for youth in grades 6-12.Includes maintaining existing BBYO and other teen programs as well as developing new services to meet emerging needs.
- Outreach to and involvement with teens at all levels of program development and recruitment. Develop sound professional relationships with teens and their parents by hosting 2 parent informational evenings per year.
- Lead a variety of groups for teens as appropriate including BBYO regional programming and conventions.
- Hire and supervise part-time staff to support teen programs.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, community agencies and other Jewish Youth Directors in program development, leadership and involvement of teens.
- Provide as a liaison and support to other teen programs in the community.
- Participate as a member of the overall staff team. Participate in staff meetings, on staff subcommittees and in JCC community-wide programs and events.
- Coordinate the participation of teens in center wide festivals, holiday celebrations, and events.
- Coordinate the agency's involvement in community events for teenagers.
- Develop and coordinate the teen summer camp and CIT program, including planning and supervision of the teen camp and CIT program during the summer.
- Responsible for teen department requisition of supplies and equipment and budget monitoring.
- Responsible for consistent recruitment of participants and staff throughout the year including marketing procedures and marketing plan development with the Marketing Director.
- Develop and implement programs and activities that further Jewish identity and commitment.
- Serve as a resource and role model for participants and staff.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain individual and group professional relationships with teen participants, and parents of participants and prospective participants pertaining to program needs.
- Knowledge of all MBJCC & BBYO policies, programs and registration process, and procedures.
The Miami Beach Jewish Community Center (JCC) is a non-profit, social service agency founded upon Jewish ethics and values. Our goal is to provide quality programming to the community in everything from Children's Enrichment and After-school programming to Summer Camp; Fitness to Aquatics; Sports to parenting classes; Adult Educational programs to Arts & Cultural events and more. We strive to employ the most qualified persons and continue to provide them with the support and encouragement needed in order for them to continue to develop and grow professionally as well as assist the MBJCC reach its goals in customer service and satisfaction.