What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This position/role exists to:
· Provide overall direction, guidance, and definition of in the areas of architecture, validation and strategy for International Paper’s Domestic and International Global Data Networks (WAN, LAN, MAN) and Unified Communications Systems.
· Manage all Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom architectures to effectively support Global/Enterprise business strategy.
· Research, analyze designs, propose, and deliver solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
· Plan and design implementation of International Paper’s IT enterprise network architectures across all businesses.
· Plan Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom architectures and strategies on a 3, 5, & 7 year roadmap.
· Research and analyze new and emerging Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom design opportunities in IT using Global Enterprise Wide Vision.
· Lead the application of Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom network technologies in complex spaces (Carriers, Telcos, Cloud, Circuits, MPLS, Broadband, DIA, QoS, Video Transport, Voice Transport, Collaboration, Fax, Transport, VoIP, FoIP, SIP, CUCM, UCCE).
· Ensure alignment of all converged / integrated / converged network services in cooperation with other Architects.
· Provide Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom technical expertise and strategy in the facilitation of related Request for Proposals (RFP).
· Validation of all Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom Network recommendations, designs, and/or proposals.
· Support International Paper’s Global / Enterprise systems architectures across all businesses.
· Facilitate implementation of Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom services, transport, customer contact centers, and other architectures to effectively support the Global/Enterprise business strategy.
The key customers of this position include but are not limited to:
· Information Technology Enterprise Architects, Sr. and Jr. Unified Communications and Data Engineers.
· Vendor partners providing Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom services to IP via defined process interfaces.
· All IP Businesses/employees who utilize IPs implemented Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom technologies and services.
The key actions, outputs, deliverable, products and Services include:
· Quality participation and input into all applicable Telecom Service Communities.
· Drive vendor selection for Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom service providers with Global Sourcing and Service Mgrs.
· Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom architecture standards for WAN, LAN, Internet, Remote Access, Firewall, application acceleration, IPT, Voice, Video, Contact Center, Cloud, Global/Enterprise DialPlan, VoIP, SIP, and Collaboration tools.
· Definition of all Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom standards to support all Voice/Video/Data/Messaging network transports and application prioritization, ensuring all services operate at the proper service levels.
· Architecture support for all Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom technologies/services (end-to-end).
· Development of applicable Enterprise Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom standards and applicable support processes, incl. traffic profiles, bandwidth baselines, and metrics.
· In partnership with Global Sourcing, select and manage vendors for related hardware, services and transport.
· Establish and maintain applicable facility, campus and/or Enterprise Service Levels (SLAs) (aligned with vendor SLAs).
· Work with ITTS personnel in each operational area to develop a scope and understanding of data network services.
· Ensure alignment of all Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom related department functions to achieve the highest level of operational effectiveness.
· Negotiates, approves and maintains SLAs with the Customer base using the SLM framework.
· Establish measurable service relationships between Telecommunications, our customers and providers.
· Initiate any actions required to maintain or improve service levels
· Lead efforts to align Telecommunications operations with quality managed ITTS Services.
· Lead efforts to ensure Support & Process Development is engaged with all areas of improving ITTS operations in the application and use of Unified Communications technologies and services.
· Provide Strategic direction relative to the implementation of Global Telecom data technologies/solutions at IP.
· Identify and leverage integration opportunities of Unified Communications and data network technologies into enterprise systems/applications.
· Understand the implications of data network technology enablement’s across geographic and language boundaries.
The external environment, including technology, competition, markets:
· Leverage telecom vendors for best in class product and services at competitive pricing.
· Establishing network communication vehicles that are efficient and sustainable for all IT businesses.
· Respond to new products and vendor-provided services and correlate them to International Paper’s needs.
· Proper visibility (and application within IP) of emerging, current, and declining Telecommunications technologies.
· Obtaining and establishing benchmarks with external carriers that influence our industry on product and services.
· Develop network strategies and architecture to support emerging growth areas (Brazil, Russia, China) while maintaining global standards and processes.
The internal environment, including interaction with others, (both inside and outside the company) policies/practices:
· Maintaining a working knowledge of all IT activities/functions throughout the enterprise.
· Ensuring alignment of Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom services with key stakeholders: application groups, BIMs and IT leadership.
· Developing a thorough understanding of IP Business needs and how they relate to Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom products/services.
The work itself, e.g., problems, opportunities, change:
· Establishing and maintaining cooperation and support of Senior IT management and their IT organizations.
· Establishing and maintaining common processes and communications between ITTS and other IT organizations.
· Design complete and consistent solutions with a mix of vendor provided hardware and software, outsourced services and internal staff to provide reliable and cost effective telecommunication services.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
· 10+ years of direct Unified Communications, Data, and other Telecom technologies, services and operational experience.
· Relevant industry certifications (e.g. CCNA, CCDA, CCIE, CISSP, ITIL, PMP)
· Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills at Technical, Managerial and Executive levels.
· Solid experience/exposure to the following technologies and their relationship to and dependencies on the data network (Unified communications, IPT, Voice, Video, VoIP, SIP, Contact center technologies, Messaging, global dialplans, Web & Audio Conferencing services, WAN, LAN, MAN, VPN, IaaS, DIA, Wi-Fi, Cellular, QoS, WAN Optimization, Application and Server Load Balancing, etc.).
· An advanced understanding and practical application experience of the following technologies, services, vendors: Unified Communications and other network technologies such as MPLS Data Networking & QoS, LAN/MAN Switching, Firewall, and Application/WAN Optimization/Acceleration.
· Serves as the interfaces across multiple business areas, acting as visionary to proactively assist in defining the direction for and application of existing and future technology business projects.
· Understands business requirements and has the ability to communicate technology concepts to business owners in a clear and concise manner.
· Strong communication, interpersonal, technical architecture & strategic experience.
· Demonstrate practical application of the following competencies: Business Acumen; Comfort around Higher Management; Customer Focus; Decision Quality; Innovation Management; Negotiating; Political Savvy; Presentation Skills; Process Management; Strategic Agility; Technical Savvy; Written Communications.
· Provide direction and guidance in technical development to members of the ITTS Global Telecommunications staff.
· Lead the direction and management of all related technical processes and their relationships to the rest of IP.
· Minimal Travel (<15%).
· Minimal lifting / physical requirements.
· This position will be based in Memphis, TN
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.