Responsible for the escalation of all “non-provisioning” related trouble reported to the LEC’s (Local Exchange Carriers) for all provided circuits & Central Office (CO) lines utilized by our company at customer locations. Accepts circuit failure tickets/assignments and escalates accordingly to the appropriate LEC. Serves as the single point of contact (SPOC) throughout the circuit trouble clearing process and will work with all Securus departments as required to resolve LEC related circuit issues/outages.
- Coordinate and schedule all circuit clearing efforts between Securus departments and the LECs.
- Coordinate with Install Support Team to confirm that all newly installed circuits are performing and functioning as required based on the contract.
- Ensure that circuit troubles are reported to the LECs detailing the level of urgency our industry requires and resolved by the LEC as quickly as possible. Escalate within the LEC’s Management Team when appropriate.
- Enter into HEAT and or other Ticket Tracking System all LEC circuit trouble related updates including root cause and time of resolution.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with all LECs providing circuits to Securus.
- Provide and send out monthly updates on the Active ANI Billing Inventory list.
- Publish and maintain LEC Circuit Trouble Escalation documents in the Knowledge/Wiki Base system.
- Report to management team all circuit outages and their status during outage periods along with other tickets that are currently residing with the LEC’s.
- Responsible for after-hours on-call related priority P1/PA & P2/PB tickets during evenings, weekends and holidays on a rotation basis.
- Train all Levels of Technical Support Personnel or other departments on the LEC Circuit Trouble Escalation process.
- Use all methods available to manage and monitor circuit troubles such as requesting LEC troubleshooting bridges and conferencing as deemed appropriate.
- Work closely with other Securus Technology departments to maintain a detailed contact LEC list and detailed escalation process documents for each of the LECs.
- Work with Technical Support to troubleshoot local and long distance problems to resolution.
- Work with the LEC and Field Services (FS) Teams to coordinate vendor meets needed to isolate and resolve on-going trouble reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately
- Available to work the assigned schedule within a 24/7/365 support environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar
- Effective listening skills
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities by comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Proper phone etiquette
- Telecom project coordination experience
- Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good
- The Telecom Escalation Specialist serves as the afterhours/weekend escalation (SPOC) for Technical Support on all LEC circuits reported on an as needed basis.
- Must have access to high-speed internet for remote connectivity to Securus network when applicable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and capable of learning new technology
- Associates degree
- 2 + year’s experience in a technical support and/or in a help desk service environment with a focus on telecommunications and/or software support.
- 1 year basic Telephony experience
- Comp TIA A+ Certification
- Experience in providing remote network support.
- Experience supporting Linux/UNIX/QNX and SQL.
- Experience supporting POTS, DSL, Cable Modems, Fiber over Ethernet & T1/MPLS circuits.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Database
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or Electronical Engineering
- Relevant work experience in a telecommunication industry
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.