At ABT Power Management, we provide far more than batteries. We provide total battery management service with a customer-first philosophy. While today’s cutting-edge power management technologies provide definitive benefits, the only way we can determine the perfect solution is by understanding our customers’ specific needs. To us, the perfect solution—whether it’s for motive or reserve power—is the one that delivers power at the lowest cost of ownership, and with complete peace of mind.
The Telecom Field Service Technicianis responsible for providing competent, high quality high quality installation and assembly of equipment such as batteries, rectifiers, DC cabling, BDFB’s and associated infrastructure to the Telecom DC Power Marketplace. The technician is required to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives and others as appropriate.
- Provide the experience to perform Telecom Battery and DC Power System installation and removal of 24/48 volt systems.
- Installation of cable, wiring and telecommunications equipment in wireless shelters, Central Offices and other Telecom facilities.
- Troubleshoot DC Power System within Battery Cabinets, Remote Huts and Central Office (CO) customers.
- Be capable of performing and Supervise Site Installation Teams for Telecom Central Office, Remote Hut and Cabinet location for our Telecom Account.
- Able to review MOPs (Method of Procedure) and Scope of Work specifications. Installers should be familiar with and/or trained with iron work/bays/equipment rack installation and blueprint/schematic reading.
- Analyze, plan, layout and assign installation activity to other installation personnel.
- Assist other technicians on large scale projects.
- Complete in a timely manner all work orders, expense reports, PM worksheets and any documentation as requested.
- Manage with great care all company assets, including a service vehicle, parts inventory, tools and test equipment.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Comply with company policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT and Hazmat.
- Follow all safety regulations, including site specific safety regulations established by customers, at all times.
- Take ownership of all company assets, including but not limited to vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Complete all service orders, PM worksheets, time cards, expense reports and any documentation as required, in an accurate and timely manner.
Education & Technical Expertise
- 3+ year’s DC Power Industry experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
- Able and willing to travel out of town to customer sites.
- Must be able to do overnight travel.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; or industry related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. A 2 or 4 year college degree preferred but not required.
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer knowledge.
- Organize own work and work independently, with limited supervision.
- Work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and with diverse needs.
- Clearly articulate ideas (both written and verbal) to both internal and external customers and listen well to customer needs.
- Develop and maintain strong workplace relationships with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Highly independent with strong work ethic.
- Team player, with a positive mental attitude.
- Organized and focused on customer satisfaction.
- Work schedule can vary and may require irregular hours.
- Work may require out of town travel, which could be for long periods.
- Depending on the assigned facility, work conditions may include extreme heat or cold.
- Significant walking and prolonged periods of standing are required.
- Loads of 75-100 pounds must be lifted periodically.
Compensation and Benefits
At ABT we believe Our People are what make us great! We offer industry leading Compensation and Benefits program to include: Highly Competitive Base Salary and Annual Bonus Program, Training and Continuing Development, 401(k) with Company Matching, Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage, Company Paid Life Insurance and Disability Coverage, Paid Vacation and Holidays, laptop/iPhone, and more.
*This job description is subject to change at any time.
ABT Power Management considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.