Kettering Health is a not-for-profit network of nine hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio’s leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
As a faith-based organization we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
• Receive escalated request/incident tickets, analyze and troubleshoot complex telecom problems, and develop creative solutions. Document resolved issues and solutions for reference by team members.
• Participate on project teams to implement new telecom systems and system enhancements under the direction of the project lead. Participate in the development of time and cost estimates for proposed projects.
• Install, configure, test, and deploy new telecom systems, software, and related equipment with minimal impact on other production environments. Partner with vendors in the deployment of cables, equipment, and other components.
• Analyze customer requirements and develop telecom system changes that improve the workflow and productivity of end-user processes. Continually review, recommend, and implement process improvement ideas for assigned systems.
• Plan, test, and implement upgrades/updates to telecom systems. Develop routine update plans based on equipment/system update release schedules. Maintain application software and utilities for telecom systems.
• Work with different carriers and vendors to troubleshoot and maintain telecom systems for clinics, practices, and other remote sites.
• Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new telecom systems. Conduct tests on new systems in the KHN IT environment to evaluate system compatibility and to verify systems can meet desired business requirements.
• Set up telecom closets based on senior team member designs, vendor specifications, and physical security requirements. Maintain, replace, and update equipment based on established maintenance schedules.
• Establish alert criteria to notify telecom administrators of problems. Program alerts into telecom components/equipment.
• Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve telecom performance problems. Tune system configurations to reach optimal operating capacities.
• Develop disaster recovery processes and procedures for assigned systems. Establish backup processes and schedules based on manufacturer recommendations and KHN IS standards. Plan and coordinate off-site storage for backups of key systems as required.
• Maintain documentation on telecom system configurations, backup procedures, troubleshooting steps, and other key information.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of telecom systems, equipment, applications, and all related components.
• Assign telecom tickets and other work activities to techs. Help coach and mentor techs on telecom systems.
• Perform Telecom Tech duties as required.
Minimum Work Experience
• 3-5 years of related telecom experience
• Experience with telecom administration and related management utilities
• Demonstrated experience installing and configuring telecom systems and related equipment
• IS experience in a healthcare environment preferred
• Certifications in Cisco and Nortel systems/equipment preferred
• Key Performance Indicators
- Ticket turnaround time
- Successfully completing project tasks by set deadlines
- System deployments provide desired business functionality
- Customer survey results
- Clear, accurate, and up-to-date telecom documentation
• Key Competencies
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Working effectively in a team environment
Experience with SIP trunking
Knowledge of Cisco Voice technologies; including Call Manager, UCCX and Unity
Agile, ITIL backgrounds are a plus
ServiceNow experience a plus
Experience with multi-site, IP telephony rollouts and migrations
Ability to maintain high standards of customer service
Cisco routing and switching experience, including LAN/WAN/Security architecture
Ability to work in fast paced environments and adapt quickly to changing situations