|Job Description:||Project Description: Emergency Booth Communication System or other|
communications projects for the New York City Transit
Description of Work:
• With minimal supervision assist Resident Engineer to oversee the contractor's
work and ensure that work is being performed as per contract specifications and
approved shop drawings.
• The consultant shall become familiar with and follow NYCT Guidelines and
Procedures as applicable.
• Duties inc.lude communication review of technical drawings, computations, and
specifications for a variety of wired and wireless conununication systems.
Review various communication equipment and systems installed under contract
to ensure quality and adherence to applicable standards candidate will also be
expected to be a subject area expert.
|Education Requirement:||Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Communications, or related field) or|
Associate Degree with appropriate experience for each (see below).
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:||Experience Requirements:|
-For Bachelor of Engineering Applicants: Minimum of 4 years' experience as field
engineer administering communications/electrical construction projects.
-For Associate ofEngineeringffechnology Applicants: Minimum of Syears' experience
in communications/electrical construction projects.
Desired Skills/ Training Requirements:
• Knowledge of design and construction of communications engineering
• Prefer candidate with knowledge of Wireless Communication Technologies.
• Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing in English language.
• Must be able to organize project information and prepare reports with attention to
• Must have OSHA 30 certification prior to working on or near the wayside.
• One-day NYC Transit Track Safety Training Course is required prior to working
on or near the wayside.
• The consultant shall provide safety shoes, at no cost to NYCT, which means
NYCT guidelines and specifications when participating in any activities located
on the track or wayside.
|Hours:||Hours of Work: 7:30am - 4:30pm (nights may be required based on project needs)|
No. of Paid Hours Per Week: 40 hours
(N YCT does not pay for lunch hours.)
Normal Work Week: Monday to Friday (including nights & weekends based on project
|Other Information:||Duration of Services Required: 52 weeks|
Work Location: Construction Manager Field Office Midtown Manhattan, NY
Reports to: CCM, Construction Manager