WANTED: a Telecommunications / Cisco Engineer to join our team in Fort Bragg, North Carolina!
As the Telecommunications/Cisco Engineer, you will:
- See your direct contributions to “mission success”
- Be in a work environment with teammates who are like family
- Have your thoughts heard and valued with key decision makers
- Receive opportunities for training and upward mobility
A week in the life includes:
- Facilitate planning, design, installation, modification, procurement, and operation of various data networking and Unified communications (UC) devices.
- Be a subject matter expert in VoIP/UC environments and data networks, based primarily on Cisco Systems technology.
- Troubleshoot network devices, to include coordinating technical resources from the manufacturer.
- Be a technical lead, providing guidance and direction to less experienced engineers and field technicians.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED “BEST OF THE BEST” by U.S. Veterans Magazine, "BEST FOR VETS" by Military Times, and “TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER” by MilitaryFriendly.com
- Possession of or the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 10 years experience with enterprise data communications, network security, and telecommunications
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing, deploying, and maintaining enterprise and standalone Cisco UC solutions
- Minimum of 3 years experience configuring and installing Cisco IOS-based routers and switches
- Demonstrated understanding of traditional TDM technology and PBX systems, wireless solutions, and cabling distribution systems
- CCNA-Routing & Switching certification (within 6 months of hire)
- CCNA-Collaboration certification or equivalent experience
- CompTia Security+, CCNA-Security, or CISSP certification or able to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Availability to travel upon request (50%)